Computer turning off as of newest patch

Hey ladies and gents! As of the latest patch, my PC turns off in POE when I've been idle long enough for AFK mode to be enabled. If I am playing the game, it hasn't turned off regardless of how long I play. This has never happened before the latest patch. I haven't made any other changes to the computer, and doesn't happen in any other game.
Last bumped on May 21, 2016, 4:54:25 PM
How does it "turn off"?

Does it only do this at the exact same moment as the afk happens?

Are you sure it isn't a power setting that makes the PC also sleep after being idle?
"
Drakier wrote:
How does it "turn off"?

Does it only do this at the exact same moment as the afk happens?

Are you sure it isn't a power setting that makes the PC also sleep after being idle?

All of my power settings for sleep or environmental powersaving mode etc are all disabled. The only change to the PC has been the latest POE update. Prior to this, this issue has never happened before. I have this computer in my office at work. I have to go help customers. If it is slow I can sit for any amount of time playing the game with no issue. If I go help someone for a length of time necessary for afk mode to enable in game, when I come back, the computer is powered down.
Does the PC power down if left idle while PoE is NOT running?
"
Drakier wrote:
Does the PC power down if left idle while PoE is NOT running?

No, the pc doesn't power down when left idle, or when left idle in any other piece of software or game
Very strange.

Have you tried logging temperatures to a file so you can check them after restart and see if it says anything?

What about events in the Windows Event/Error logs? Surely there should be an error or event at the time of the power down that should have some information (if only to confirm that it is sudden and not Windows shutting itself down)
There is a critical error message, but it only states that the computer turned off unexpectedly. Oddly enough though, it seems like no matter how long i leave it now, afk mode stays off and the pc hasn't turned off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info