Frequent Disconnects

Hey, like a lot of other users I'm experiencing frequent disconnects.
Every 3-10 minutes I'll be disconnected from the game and returned to the main menu,
requiring me to log in again.

I use the California server and live in the PNW.

Here is my WinMTR data. I made a point to keep WinMTR running while I logged in, and
kept it running until I lost connection.

http://pastebin.com/UDnez910

(Here's the ugly copy/paste if you'd rather look at that)
Spoiler
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| dslrouter.netgear.com - 0 | 263 | 263 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 |
| 142.254.189.57 - 0 | 264 | 264 | 8 | 9 | 28 | 9 |
| 65.28.216.137 - 0 | 264 | 264 | 14 | 27 | 86 | 26 |
| agg21.plmnwaen01r.natnow.rr.com - 0 | 264 | 264 | 9 | 12 | 21 | 9 |
| tge0-4-0-0.sttlwawb01r.natnow.rr.com - 0 | 264 | 264 | 23 | 25 | 38 | 25 |
|bu-ether15.sttswa5800w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com - 0 | 264 | 264 | 30 | 34 | 55 | 33 |
| 0.ae0.pr0.sea20.tbone.rr.com - 0 | 264 | 264 | 23 | 27 | 83 | 23 |
| sea-b1-link.telia.net - 0 | 264 | 264 | 23 | 26 | 63 | 25 |
| sjo-b21-link.telia.net - 0 | 264 | 264 | 55 | 57 | 86 | 56 |
|xe-1-1-1.bbr02.eq01.sjc02.networklayer.com - 0 | 263 | 263 | 47 | 49 | 92 | 48 |
| ae6.dar01.sjc01.networklayer.com - 0 | 264 | 264 | 41 | 44 | 75 | 42 |
| po1.fcr03b.sjc01.networklayer.com - 0 | 264 | 264 | 41 | 43 | 56 | 42 |
| 88.82.36a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 264 | 264 | 41 | 43 | 53 | 41 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
Last bumped on May 20, 2016, 11:32:46 PM
Oh wow, this is an unrelated problem, but I just registered my email with this account
to make this post on the forums, and I logged in to the POE client and all of my characters
are gone.

I don't know what happened or how registering an email could delete all my characters,
but that seems to be what has happened. If anyone reading this can let me know if there's
anything I can do about this, I'd be very appreciative. There were a number of characters
that I put a great deal of time into that I really don't want to lose.
You overwrote your account when you linked it. You are supposed to use the "Sign in through Steam" button, not create a new account... you already had one.

Email support at the address in the Contact Support link at the top of the page.
"
Drakier wrote:
You overwrote your account when you linked it. You are supposed to use the "Sign in through Steam" button, not create a new account... you already had one.

Email support at the address in the Contact Support link at the top of the page.

Hmm, I never linked this POE account with my Steam account though. Would I still need to use the sign in through steam button?

Thanks for replying in any case. I will certainly email them.
When you started playing PoE did you use the Steam client or Stand-alone?

Based on your previous post, I assumed you started PoE on Steam, then "created" a forum account to post with. That usually involves overwriting accounts accidentally.

You still have a forum account if you normally use the Steam client. You access it through the Steam sign-in rather than an email/password as you would the standard forum account.

If you started with the stand-alone accont, then you already had a forum account as well linked to the original email address. If you created a second account attached to the same email, that also overwrites the account.

Either way, you need to email support, then make sure you pick the right button when you do the forum sign-in.
"
Drakier wrote:
When you started playing PoE did you use the Steam client or Stand-alone?

Based on your previous post, I assumed you started PoE on Steam, then "created" a forum account to post with. That usually involves overwriting accounts accidentally.

You still have a forum account if you normally use the Steam client. You access it through the Steam sign-in rather than an email/password as you would the standard forum account.

If you started with the stand-alone accont, then you already had a forum account as well linked to the original email address. If you created a second account attached to the same email, that also overwrites the account.

Either way, you need to email support, then make sure you pick the right button when you do the forum sign-in.

I started playing with the Stand-alone.

I think I understand what happened - I went to login but accidentally clicked the "Create" button, after I typed my regular login information.

The additional fields (captcha, etc.) didn't throw me off since many games have two different account and authentication systems, one for game client and one for the forums. Having never posted on the forums before, I just assumed I was creating the corresponding forum account to associate with my existing PoE account, not overwriting my PoE account.

Oof, I feel pretty dumb. Thanks for your help, I've emailed support so hopefully they can help me out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info