Constant lag spikes - files linked

They bricked my ONT (fiber box) and/or router.
No Internet until Monday, they have to send out a tech.

Grrrrr.
"
Drakier wrote:
What errors were you getting running the WinMTR?

Were you using the latest version 0.92 or the broken 0.8?

Where do I post my errors using WinMTR?
"
WrathPrime89 wrote:
"
Drakier wrote:

You make your own thread and copy and paste it into there.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on May 21, 2016, 11:38:42 PM
"
"
WrathPrime89 wrote:
"
Drakier wrote:

You make your own thread and copy and paste it into there.

Thanks
Here is my MTR reading:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 176 | 176 | 0 | 0 | 8 | 0 |
| dsl.49.150.160.1.pldt.net - 0 | 176 | 176 | 29 | 32 | 133 | 29 |
| 122.2.175.85.static.pldt.net - 0 | 176 | 176 | 30 | 32 | 67 | 31 |
| 210.213.133.146.static.pldt.net - 0 | 176 | 176 | 30 | 34 | 112 | 32 |
| 210.213.133.101.static.pldt.net - 0 | 176 | 176 | 30 | 32 | 56 | 33 |
| 210.14.2.94 - 0 | 176 | 176 | 50 | 54 | 100 | 53 |
| 103.231.152.57 - 0 | 176 | 176 | 51 | 53 | 73 | 53 |
| No response from host - 100 | 35 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| ae0.bbr02.eq01.sng02.networklayer.com - 0 | 176 | 176 | 82 | 85 | 113 | 85 |
| ae6.dar02.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com - 0 | 176 | 176 | 85 | 88 | 104 | 88 |
| po2.fcr01.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com - 26 | 85 | 63 | 0 | 89 | 147 | 86 |
| 5b.cb.0cd8.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 176 | 176 | 84 | 87 | 198 | 89 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Make your own thread. Don't post it in here, this is Kurdain's thread for getting help.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Yeah so as I said they bricked my ONT on my house.

I had a static IP and when they reset it, they apparently wiped out my configuration on my ONT so now when the DHCP server tries to assign an IP my ONT it is, or was, expecting a static IP. Since those take different configurations it immediately threw up.

I definitely had the 'new guy' on the phone as every other word was 'uh' and 'uhm'.

Then overnight all the lights started flashing and the battery alarm went off on the ONT and you can hear it making sounds like it is stuck in a fast, internal reboot.

I got a hold of another tech and he seemed pretty knowledgeable and he was amazed at why and how the previously guy had bricked my ONT.

Sad thing is I was supposed to look for some job related items and my daughter was having a B-Day party over at our house and of course they were bummed they had to do something other than watch youtube and stuff. Which in reality was probably a good thing. ha.

I'll be bummed if I loose my static IP because years and years ago you could have it set-up for free when it was Verizon and I don't think Frontier does it anymore unless you are a business and I am sure it costs extra.

Anyways :(
Ok.
Internet back up.

I really think the issue lies with your instance servers, maybe you have a few bad ports, VM's, or similar.
I also feel that WinMTR isn't accurate all the time, you have to be very careful in its use and it seems pinging the log-in servers doesn't reveal much, if anything, about connection issues as once you are past the log-in screen you don't seem to bounce on that IP anymore.

I would highly recommend people, or at least you recommend to people to go into their client.txt and ping the last few instances in there. It was quite telling on my end.

Here is the data.

So see TX play.txt. This is WinMTR information pinging the INSTANCE server as I am playing, in this case 192.155.227.216.
It reveals huge packet loss, which corresponds exactly to what I am seeing in game.
See screenshots: TX instance 1.jpg and TX instance 2.jpg, note these are the same instance.
I am seeing similar behavior in other instances, with the rare 'good' instance.
Also note that my overall ping doubles when in an instance as compared to my hideout.
See screenshot and WinMTR file: TX HO.jpg and TX_HO.txt
Also note no packet loss here.

1 thing to note I played for a little while in non-map instances, i.e. world instances and they seemed fine for the 2 or so I tried.

Port was :6112 for all instances in this session.

I am going to try other servers and see if I get a correlation later tonight.

All files uploaded to my google drive.
Last edited by Kurdain on May 24, 2016, 10:14:51 AM
Bump.

This seems to have fallen off the radar after posting the instance IP issues.
Hopefully you guys are working to resolve it.

I have noticed it seems to be better over the last week but I still get spikes.

Yesterday after the merger (I miss perandus chests already! Finding Cadiro was always a giddy moment), I didn't notice any lag at all.

I'll keep an eye on any issues and post numbers here as I get them.

Feedback on your end would be welcomed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info