Some questions about maps

Sarang,

Wow, nice stash. Thank you for sharing your method for sustaining your maps. I've been only running blue maps...even on the T11s and reds when and I find them...which soon are gone and not replenished. I had a feeling you were going to say chisel and alc (lol)...but now that I've maxed out my Pathfinder's gear I have a good pile of currency I can use just for this purpose.

Yes for sure on building up Jeweler's to trade to Vorici...I stack fusings, sell and get most of my exalts this way. I like the idea of going for 2 +pack size on the T12s...and funny after running a few maps tonight I had these two drop:

I'll give it a shot tomorrow...and I agree...fuck that stupid bird. I don't think my Pathfinder has ever faced off with him...but she tears up Atziri pretty bad so one of these days...:D

Good drops!

And yeah, there is definitely a factor of what gear level you are that will play a role in rolling maps. Like, in Flashback some sacrifices were made so I could get all that I needed to even get to that map level in the first place, and can be a constant factor if someone is looking for upgrades. But that is the beauty of being a guy that only plays Bows... I got Phys Crit gear, Ele Crit gear, and some CA/EA stuff lying around the stash. And I'm a Legacy Kaom junkie. So I really haven't made a purchase for any of my characters in a really long time.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Argh. Yes, argh. :(

Well I decided to use my Arsenal map. Chiseled, alced and used some chaos. First dual packsize had -resists plus elem reflect, no go for me. Rolled with more chaos until a second double pack size came up...looked like a royal PITA with no life or mana regen, but totally doable for me. Not so bad to clear either.

Total Cost: 4 Chisels, One Alc, 16 Chaos.

And here are the returns:

My apologies as it's late and I'm very tired, but:

FUCK THIS GAME! :D

Sometimes, in any event. I think next time I'll save the 16 chaos to buy another map...lol. I have no doubt this system can work well...but dropping this much chaos for one map, as well as the potential risk of death might be too much for my character (and bank) to handle.

Ah, well. I tried. :-)
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

Total Cost: 4 Chisels, One Alc, 16 Chaos.

And here are the returns:

RNG always has the final say. You can roll whatever the fuck you want, but if RNG says "no", then it's a no.

Always remember this - you can't guarantee map drops. Rolling double pack doesn't guarantee you shit. Rolling 120% quant doesn't guarantee you shit. Spending 16 chaos on a T12 map was a fail from a start. It's a huge waste of currency for no reason. Chisel, alc, get decent quant and pack, and be prepared to run fuckton of maps. T12 didn't drop anything? Run another. Then another. Run as many as you can, as fast as you can and they build up. No matter how you roll your maps, be prepared to run shitload of them. That's how you will build up a map pool.
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 19, 2016, 3:37:37 AM
keep those fast maps handy... like super clears - strand/canyon/gorge @@

also, running bloodmagic + no mana setup almost gives free mods at no penalty ~~ so you can run almost all, if not all map mods -- less need to re-roll... just avoid temporal chains... the snail effect is too much for me to handle.
"
toyotatundra wrote:

RNG always has the final say. You can roll whatever the fuck you want, but if RNG says "no", then it's a no.

Always remember this - you can't guarantee map drops. Rolling double pack doesn't guarantee you shit. Rolling 120% quant doesn't guarantee you shit. Spending 16 chaos on a T12 map was a fail from a start. It's a huge waste of currency for no reason. Chisel, alc, get decent quant and pack, and be prepared to run fuckton of maps. T12 didn't drop anything? Run another. Then another. Run as many as you can, as fast as you can and they build up. No matter how you roll your maps, be prepared to run shitload of them. That's how you will build up a map pool.

I hear you and have contemplated this many times...but everyone has their own way. May I ask if all 7 of your Lv 100 chars were done solo (any or all)? Sarang's method may not work for me, but if it works for him then that's great...I really appreciate all the advice (pro and con) a lot.

Perhaps it is all up to RNGesus after all. I just ran a Village Ruin map and invested the following orbs to get +15 packsize in a blue map:

1 Orb of Transmutation
2 Orbs of Alteration

And here are the maps that dropped:

So I think I'll be sticking with what works for me. Thank you, Rngesus! :D

P.S. I chickened out and brought in my CI Occultist to take out the bosses. She died once...stupid damn bird. ^_^
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

I hear you and have contemplated this many times...but everyone has their own way. May I ask if all 7 of your Lv 100 chars were done solo (any or all)?

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your post until now.

My first 100 was 50% solo and 50% playing in random parties, after that I've played almost completely solo.

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

P.S. I chickened out and brought in my CI Occultist to take out the bosses. She died once...stupid damn bird. ^_^

Yeah, very sketchy bosses. Dying after 95+ is not a good idea, so if you need to skip a boss or switch character, that's probably a smart thing to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info