Some questions about maps

Hey guys, just a few questions about the map drops. The highest map I've ever done was a Village Ruin which was tier 12 I think. I feel like I might end up dying in the harder maps, but I'm just wondering the best way to actually obtain them! Most of the time in the leagues I will get a few tier 10-12 maps but always end up back at tier 5-7. Do you think it's possible to continue running tier 10+ maps? Or does this happen to everyone?

Normally I transmute the maps up until about tier 4, then I alchemy every map from 5 and up. If I have chisels I'll use those on about tier 9 and up. Do you think this is ok? Until this league I never used any of Zana's extra mods, should I be putting Beyond on every high tier map I do?

Thanks !
Last bumped on May 21, 2016, 10:01:07 AM
I sell 3x magic malformations and orchards because I'm afraid do do bosses there. Unid blues have always around 55-75 iiq. Everything at t10+ 4chisels, t11+ vaal. I dropped ex at rare wastepool today...
And it's always like this. I honestly think that all there is about it is just doing 5+ rare maps at good speed.
Burn all the orbs!
The only way to sustain tier 12-15 is to play in parties so that you and your friends share the burden of high end tier maps being consumed.

The game is designed with the intention that tier 12-15 are bonus challenge maps rather than an entitlement. In fact, I am nearly reaching level 100 with only tier 11 maps.
"
skuadak wrote:
I sell 3x magic malformations and orchards because I'm afraid do do bosses there. Unid blues have always around 55-75 iiq. Everything at t10+ 4chisels, t11+ vaal. I dropped ex at rare wastepool today...
And it's always like this. I honestly think that all there is about it is just doing 5+ rare maps at good speed.

Great advice man, thanks a lot! I always forgot about selling the 3 maps to a vendor! Especially those dangerous one, such a good idea. Running them unidentified is a good tip too, I'll just test reflect on one monster first ;)

"
Deadpeng wrote:
The only way to sustain tier 12-15 is to play in parties so that you and your friends share the burden of high end tier maps being consumed.

The game is designed with the intention that tier 12-15 are bonus challenge maps rather than an entitlement. In fact, I am nearly reaching level 100 with only tier 11 maps.

Yeah that does make a lot of sense, I mainly play the game solo or 2 man with my friend. I do quite like how rare it is to find such a high tier map, makes it special when they do finally drop! Thanks guys.
Does increased item rarity equip and the gem have an effect on map drops and which Zana mods are best so sustain high maps?

What is the most important in a good map roll? Pack Size!??

I found a reddit thread, where they say domination is a good zana map mod, but this map mod doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Is this a decent map or should i reroll it? (I don't care about any map mods, except no leech)
Last edited by Cyantic on May 18, 2016, 2:35:00 PM
Map drops are only affected by implicit quantity roll on maps as well as monster pack size. Even item quantity gem does not help...
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Not true, I sustained solo T11-T14 from 97 to 98 (Stopped at 72% into 98 to do Two-Week Race), and I still have half a tab of Reds, about the same as I started.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 18, 2016, 5:20:26 PM
Care to share the deets, Sarang? :)

Part of the reason I previously stopped at the low 90s (got one to 94) was that I was always ran out of maps prior to the recent Zana changes. I now have overflowing tabs for map Tiers 1-8...about half a tab of T9s and a smattering of T10s and T11s...which are mostly used as soon as I find or buy them from Zana. Any red maps I get are usually gone as I've never been able to sustain a pool.
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on May 18, 2016, 6:26:22 PM
Yes I m curious how you sustained them too and your definition of sustain.
Well like a lot of folks pre Zana buff I was frustrated with map returns and I took a break, so it's understandable.

Basically just following map rolling rules, Pack Size is king and it is augmented with Zana Mods. Did binge on a pile of maps before two-week, so I guess my Standard stash is a little diminished at the moment but full of T11 so that's fine. Current screenshot of Standard map pool, which was basically nothing prior to me booting up again in the middle of 2.2, and done solo (about a month after Perandus started):

I like Springs so I put them in that tab as well... but hey, it's a good map. Chisel + Alch ofc everything. Comments on what I do,

T11: 1 Pack Size is fine. Don't really care too much since these are what, like 4-5 Alchemy from Zana? Onslaught Zana Mod if it's a good map.

T12: I actually think all four layouts are super good and are worth 2 Pack Size. Safety wise, Arensal > Overgrown Ruin > Shipyard > Village Ruin (fuck that bird). I aggressively try to get 2 Pack Size at least here, and use Onslaught/Anarchy/Beyond Zana Mod. 3 Pack Size and you are in the money.

T13+ same rules, 2 Pack Size or bust, 3 Pack Size is a bonus. Same Zana Mods.

You need to Chaos aggressively to get good returns, unfortunate to say but that is the truth. Looking at Standard prices, T12 seem to be in the 10-12 chaos ballpark, crappy T13 ~20 chaos and Waterways nonexistent (hue). Good Pack Size translates to good map returns, and you should generally be able to get 2 Pack Size before investing that amount of Chaos into a single Map. Getting a map is making Chaos back, think of it that way.

On the note of how to sustain Chaos, I pretty much only pick up T1 bases, Diamond Rings, 6s, and currency in these maps (nothing new). Jeweller > Fusing > sell for Exalt. You get a lot of -1 and -2 as well, so if I ever feel like my pool is diminishing, I go and chain good T9/T10's. I'm also playing a meta attack build (Voltaxic LA/BR), so in all reality I don't need 20/20 Gems. Factoring out my CWDT setup, I can level up to 26 Gems at one time with the intention to sell if they don't produce a good corruption on the Vaal, which level quickly if you're mapping quickly to mirror that.

I admit this can be challenging if you don't have Zana to back you up, but even at Level 7 (definitely obtainable in a new league), you still get T9's from her which can be just fine.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 18, 2016, 11:56:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info