ERROR : FAILED TO CONNECT TO INSTANCE

HELP!

getting FREQUENT and ANNOYING disconnects only when I use portals, or am changing zones.

it happens the most frequent in this order :

1. going to, or from, hideouts. tested with my HO and other's too.
2. changing zones. eg, going from one labyrinth/atziri/map room to another.
3. using waypoints.

i got my first "failed to connect to instance" on saturday. i shrugged and continued. i got hit a few more times before i got annoyed. i quit for that day.

on sunday, i tried to do the labyrinth solo. i got DC'd FIVE TIMES before i could even ENTER the labyrinth... i asked a person to come with me, and i got DC'd three times while in party. (you can contact him, i will provide his name).

yesterday, i tried to do some maps and the disconnects were HORRENDOUS. three DC's in less than half an hour. almost impossible to play maps, since you lose a portal (and precious loot) when you get kicked out.

already tried :
1. restarting everything.
2. re-installing everything (except windows)

some solutions that i will try later :
1. re-install graphics driver.
2. disable sound.
3. try playing without steam.

I DID NOT have this problem before saturday. i am 99.999% sure about THAT.

please let me know if i can do anything to make troubleshotting/solving this problem easier.

regards,
-an angry young man.
Last edited by Disconaut on May 17, 2016, 10:53:28 AM
Last bumped on May 17, 2016, 12:16:40 PM
Go into the Windows Firewall (and any other antivirus/firewall/security software) and remove the Path of Exile rule.

Once that is done, add a new Path of Exile rule (for PathOfExile.exe or PathOfExileSteam.exe if you use Steam) and exclude it from detection/blocking.

Out of curiosity, what sort of network are you on?

Can you record WinMTR traces while experiencing the disconnection issues?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info