Upcoming Divination Cards

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Dont get me wrong, i love Sire of Shards, its my favorite unique items. But giving a straight Unique item goes against the logic of divination cards. A good Divination card should be a way to give you the chance to dodge the tedious RNG of finding X but in counter part that item should be Cursed to have no rng possible on it anymore( Corrupted)

When the drop rates suck, non corrupted is fine. Ancient Ones forbid that 25% of people who want to use Sire can actually afford one, instead of 10% (talking about league play, cause lolstandard). You're also way too low on the map card - another elitist posture. Many people will like and appreciate that card if it's on the upper end of the drop table like Flora's / Gambler / Her Mask.

"
thepapadan wrote:
Every time I see one of these posts, I think to myself, "This is it! My card is finally coming to the game!"

Nope.

Maybe one day.

What's your div card about?
Last edited by innervation on May 17, 2016, 2:19:09 AM
stop facilitate the game FeelsBadMan
This is indeed a very interesting set of Divination cards. I hope the last one will drop often in low level maps and not clog card drops in T6+ maps. I'm hoping that having staves like Sire of Shards with good rolls more available will encourage more players to build around it. It's such an unusual unique (one of my favorites), but sadly so few people use it it seems.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
[...] giving a straight Unique item goes against the logic of divination cards. A good Divination card should be a way to give you the chance to dodge the tedious RNG of finding X but in counter part that item should be Cursed to have no rng possible on it anymore( Corrupted)

I don't agree. Finding the card itself involves sometimes tedious RNG, and I don't understand why a Divination card SHOULD preclude further simple (non Vaal consuming) crafting. It might be a good suggestion for some, but it's in no way what a Divination card OUGHT to be.

I see these cards as giving the opportunity to more new Standard players to get interesting uniques without having to farm for months (it might favour player retention, and so favour POE and GGG, which is good). For someone who's been playing POE for a few months in Standard and has some currency but not tens of Exalts, getting a 3S Corrupted Sire of Shards staff via a Divination card is useless. You don't have the currency to craft it properly, you probably don't know you can craft it, and if you know about the trading system, it's much cheaper to buy a non corrupted 5L. What is the card for, then ?

I see these cards giving non corrupted Uniques as a way to circumvent the fact that lots of really fun and useful uniques are way overpriced for new players (it took me more than 6 months to even see my first Exalted orb), and I'm really hoping they will raise the fun factor for them.
Not a fan of divination cards personally. And with the ever increasing amount, they just take up crazy amounts of space.
More Yu-Gi-PoE
meh.
this bullshit cards make the game so much worse! you can get nothing new that dont allrdy exist and destroy even your one crafting system! rly i dont get why u cant see that this is the same shit like eternal orbs! even worse news like the last one with the worthless uniques which are even lower than actuall existing low uniques with no new ideas or builds you can build around them! rly why dont u get rid of this divination shit and craft some new items that are super rare like aegis or shavy! and get a tax system where u are forced to spend orbs! it prevents super rich player from destroying your econemy system! since 2.2 u made this game a lot worse! newcommer haters go hate but it is true! and u still did nothing to improve the lategame long time experiance!!!
ING Infuriateground
Last edited by Gangbangsusi on May 17, 2016, 2:40:00 AM
The Elreon metamod card is a fantastic design.

One of my favorite cards so far - so much potential but it is so unlikely to be fulfilled.
Le Toucan Will Return
yey no need more card game :D
i want to paly PURE ARPG
Q_Q
Still no "Rigwald's Quills".
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"

9/10

Pro: Usefull Crafting bases

"

7/10
Semi-specific unique item, bit of RNG

"

3/10

CON:Specific non-corrupted unique item...

"

7/10
Pro: Wide RNG ( can get OP or Shitty amulet)

COn: non-corrupted

"

2/10

CON: Way too plain, low level, useless

"

7/10

PRO: League specific unique items

Con: Non corrupted(Harvest)

Dont get me wrong, i love Sire of Shards, its my favorite unique items. But giving a straight Unique item goes against the logic of divination cards. A good Divination card should be a way to give you the chance to dodge the tedious RNG of finding X but in counter part that item should be Cursed to have no rng possible on it anymore( Corrupted)

The Idea behind sivination cards is to make your life easier as ssf.
Try 6ling Harvest or Sire if they were corrupted...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info