[2.5] Riff Raff v. 2.0 - under 1ex Blade Flurry RT DoT Gladiator

Currently level 80 with the build (a few substitutions).

Build feels surprisingly squishy to me. This is the first time I'm playing Reave and it's fun. Definitely good for the budget. Only really have a map base for t8-t9s. I have cleared a twinned t14 palace with this build (3 deaths, probably my fault).

I feel that at times the damage can be under whelming, especially at bosses (even while swapping in conc effect). I'm not sure I'm completely sold on the poison/bleed (I was using voidheart). Since Reave is already aoe it feels less important for the corpse explosion to apply to all mobs. I swapped off my voidheart and clear speed seems the same (there are a few more stragglers more often).

The first time I tried Uber Lab I died to first form Izaro, so guess I'll try again another day.
IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jun 19, 2016, 10:31:05 PM
"
raiiyn wrote:
How viable would this setup be for HC?
With all honesty, I wouldn't know. What I do know is that there's a player who tried it in Prophecy HC. I'll have to ask him how far did he make it (last I checked he was level 75-ish).
"
EmptyPalms wrote:
Build feels surprisingly squishy to me. This is the first time I'm playing Reave and it's fun. Definitely good for the budget. Only really have a map base for t8-t9s. I have cleared a twinned t14 palace with this build (3 deaths, probably my fault).

I feel that at times the damage can be under whelming, especially at bosses (even while swapping in conc effect). I'm not sure I'm completely sold on the poison/bleed (I was using voidheart). Since Reave is already aoe it feels less important for the corpse explosion to apply to all mobs. I swapped off my voidheart and clear speed seems the same (there are a few more stragglers more often).

The first time I tried Uber Lab I died to first form Izaro, so guess I'll try again another day.
That's interesting. I find this build rather tanky as I could easily take on every boss I attempted (have yet to drop and run T14-15). When it comes to damage, are you using Lion's Roar and Atziri's Promise while fighting tougher packs and bosses? Reave has generally a very weak single-target, so you need to constantly buff it with Conc. Effect and flasks. With that being said, I can comfortably run endgame Argus and Izaro. Could you link your gear and defensive stats? Also, explosions do an outstanding job improving your clearspeed by getting rid of remaining mobs and surprisingly improve your defense as well as you don't need to worry about DD or porcupines or similar effects.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
"
Weißenberg wrote:
That's interesting. I find this build rather tanky as I could easily take on every boss I attempted (have yet to drop and run T14-15). When it comes to damage, are you using Lion's Roar and Atziri's Promise while fighting tougher packs and bosses? Reave has generally a very weak single-target, so you need to constantly buff it with Conc. Effect and flasks. With that being said, I can comfortably run endgame Argus and Izaro. Could you link your gear and defensive stats? Also, explosions do an outstanding job improving your clearspeed by getting rid of remaining mobs and surprisingly improve your defense as well as you don't need to worry about DD or porcupines or similar effects.

I bolded what I really like. I forgot about Lion's Roar. Been using a quicksilver at the moment. I was previously using a Voidheart over the moonstone ring, just put that in for testing purposes (away from home atm). Obviously jewelry needs work.

Gear

Tree

I had decided to get Outmatch and Outlast first, as it seemed the consistent endurance charges would help more than spell block. I believe I was sitting around 4.3k HP.

It feels squishy to me as I seem to take less damage on my Flameblast witch (my first time using FB and first time witch since closed beta). Although she is using Cloak of Flame + Rise of the Pheonix shield.

Build is definitely fun, and it's nice to have a reliable physical character to clear my ele reflect maps. :P

EDIT: Was also testing Stone Golem + CWDT if it helped sustain any. It's nice to taunt and remove some aggro.
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jun 20, 2016, 5:58:46 PM
Your gear isn't bad. 4.3k life seems rather low (I had a little bit more than 5k at level 80 which wasn't great either). I think it may be a matter of playing style, I've been playing melee since I started my adventure with PoE (though Reave is semi-melee with 4 stacks and goes into ranged with 8), so I have a good understanding of when to dodge, use flasks, or when to facetank. And it's normal for powerful caster/ranged builds to feel less squishy than melee. Last league I played Oro's Flicker and with 7.2k life and some e-charges I felt invincible because of the damage output and the fact that I was moving so fast.
"
Weißenberg wrote:
Your gear isn't bad. 4.3k life seems rather low (I had a little bit more than 5k at level 80 which wasn't great either). I think it may be a matter of playing style, I've been playing melee since I started my adventure with PoE (though Reave is semi-melee with 4 stacks and goes into ranged with 8), so I have a good understanding of when to dodge, use flasks, or when to facetank. And it's normal for powerful caster/ranged builds to feel less squishy than melee. Last league I played Oro's Flicker and with 7.2k life and some e-charges I felt invincible because of the damage output and the fact that I was moving so fast.

For sure, I haven't played melee outside of Pillar of the Caged God builds in a while. The build is definitely a success I recommend people to try it. It does exactly as you state (not a DPS warrior), provides good clearspeed for a budget, and would be a great league starter.

Thumbs up!
Still loving the build here. I just got Breath of the Council for some dps boost since I'm trying to get to higher map tier.
Are there any stronger uniques that can replace rive and relentless fury?
"
silentkarl wrote:
Still loving the build here. I just got Breath of the Council for some dps boost since I'm trying to get to higher map tier.
Are you using Breath of the Council with Voidheart and EQ? Because, if BotC is supposed to be off-hand, then it doesn't really boost your damage.
"
Satsuki09 wrote:
Are there any stronger uniques that can replace rive and relentless fury?
No. Unfortunately, there aren't any stronger uniques for this spec.
How come? I'm currently using BotC with rive. Would it be better if I switch back to Singularity?

"
silentkarl wrote:
How come? I'm currently using BotC with rive. Would it be better if I switch back to Singularity?
What you get from BotC is 10% increased AoE, 32% increased elemental damage that only affects Herald of Ash, and 80% increased chaos damage that only affects your poison. Other mods are local. Singularity's or Relentless Fury's mods (increased damage and onslaught/cull respectively) apply to your Reave which then affects your DoT.

edit: I did some math and it seems you'd be losing around 7k effective DPS by swtiching from Singularity to BotC.
Last edited by Weißenberg on Jun 21, 2016, 2:05:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info