[2.3] Freezer Burn: AB AoF MoM EO - (125k DPS) - Cheap, Fun, Screw the meta

Looks interesting, might give it a try!
Lots of damage. Looks fun!
9/11 Would play to join ISIS.
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
Have you tried a Pyre ring instead of Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire ?
It's might allow a 'better' link, like Controlled destruction ?
"
Jalkar wrote:
Have you tried a Pyre ring instead of Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire ?
It's might allow a 'better' link, like Controlled destruction ?

I have, and I'm not too fond of the setup. I think resists and stats from a ring slot are important for the build, and pyre seems too costly. You can certainly change anything here to suit your playstyle, however Pyre is far inferior to call of the brotherhood which does a similar interaction for lightning damage, and I don't believe it is worth it.

CD is neat and all, but it basically eliminates our EO chances. Again, somewhat off-theme for the build.

Ultimately if you want to run the build, you can run pyre if you so choose. I love that quality Cold to Fire gives as much added spell power as it does. I've also been playing the build as elementalist this league for testing, so I may return to this with some new ideas afterwards.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
I'm building a character based on your build.
I'm only lvl 66 and very badly gear ^^

I'm not very fond of your solution to proc EO with Cwdt, for now, i'm running aself cast Icespear/GMP Inc/Crit chance for the proc. that's why I don't need crit chance on my AB setup :)

I'll soon will have enough str/int to use Repentance, i think this will change my life :p
(will leveling i use the support gem 'Iron will' to increase my dmg)

A 'pro' for the Pyre ring : it allow you to do other type of damage. So you can play with herald / or with the degen of the new gem vortex (with Avatar of Fire there is no degen)

"
Jalkar wrote:
I'm building a character based on your build.
I'm only lvl 66 and very badly gear ^^

I'm not very fond of your solution to proc EO with Cwdt, for now, i'm running aself cast Icespear/GMP Inc/Crit chance for the proc. that's why I don't need crit chance on my AB setup :)

I'll soon will have enough str/int to use Repentance, i think this will change my life :p
(will leveling i use the support gem 'Iron will' to increase my dmg)

A 'pro' for the Pyre ring : it allow you to do other type of damage. So you can play with herald / or with the degen of the new gem vortex (with Avatar of Fire there is no degen)

yes definitely, there are reasons for or against it.

I'm actually not running the CwDT EO setup anymore. It was a fun experiment, but massively wasteful. I will edit this out as soon as I finalize my current setup. I'm doing something considerably different with BM + Clarity, etc.

There will be an update today about this.
On reddit, someone link a new uniques Staff "Realm Ender"

If I'm correct, it's
+3 on Arctic Breath - That's more than 33% MORE BASE DMG ! Add an lvl3 Empower in the setup and it's 100% increase at lvl 26 (564 avg vs 1000 avg)
+3 on Hypothermia
+3 on Fire Pen
+4 on Cold To Fire (witch can be removed if to allow a 7L) - 33% extra cold at lvl 24

AB + Empower + Hypothermia + Spell Echo + Fire Pen + GMP (using the Cold to fire in the staff)
Last edited by Jalkar on Jun 8, 2016, 4:22:47 AM
I saw that, and yes, I drooled a little. I'm still deciding if I think it's something I could include in my build or not.

The Cold to Fire built-in is stuck at level 5, so we get less damage there. Probably totally off-set with the +3 gem levels tho. But we lose a lot of block, stats, armour, cast speed, stats, or the increases to elemental damage from other options.

I still probably prefer doryani's catalyst, doon, pledge of hands over this, or good rolled rare daggers with whirling blades over this. I'll theorycraft the numbers and report on them.

*edit*
I really, really like pierce from lioneye's vision. I would be hard pressed not to use it for my 6-link.
Last edited by Kwitch on Jun 8, 2016, 5:29:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info