Help me with my Scion Butcherer build

My Scion Butcherer build.

I came up with this idea of a character that would slaughter everything on the screen with gore. I just had a character-theme in my head of a blood drenched warrior massacering everything. Anyway, I let the idea fizzle around in my head abit and came up with a Cast on critical->Detonate dead build;

I'm thinking a superfast one-hander with high chance to crit to achieve this. (physical damage won't matter because 99.9% of our damage comes from detonating corpses):

Main Attack:
Spectral Throw - CoC - DD - Fire Pen - Increased Area of Effect - Pcoc.

Okay, so now we need some corpses, I was looking into CoC->Desecrate, but apparantly it doesn't work well because of its cooldown, so i thought of a totem continuosly producing fresh corpses for us to detonate:
Spell Totem - Desecrate - Faster Casting - Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance.

So when enganging a pack, we first use our spell totem and then hack away until everyhing blows up in a bloody mess.

What about single target? Well, it's debatable whether this is worth it at all, because with just one enemy on the screen, the spell totem will stack corpses on it. Meaning that if you use your main attack on it, the damage should be concentrated there.

Anyway, I listed some alternatives

Single target (option 1):
Frenzy - CoC - DD - PCoC.

Some other options for single target:
Single target (option 2):
Vaal Detonate Dead - Fire pen - Concentrated Effect - Elemental Focus.

Single target (option 3):
Frenzy - CoC - PCoC - SRS.

Curse application: Since none of the avaliable auras benefit us much we'll be running blasphemy with two curses (need an item for that, maybe windscream).

Blasphemy - Poacher's mark - Warlord's mark - Clarity.

This leaves us with a shield and a weapon for two additional 3-links. Which will probably be used for defensive purposes.

This is the passive build i've come up with so far.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQGRA5YEswYOCfYNzQ3RD6sWvxkuG8gcziSLJpUnLyftKU8qCytQLdI1kjY9Otg64TsoPAU8LTxLPQ9DyEZxS1dN408EVUtVhVcNWBdboFv0XfJfsGBDYeJjQ2jya7dsjG1sbj1vnnBSeaF8Dny7gpuDCYNfg8yExYV9idOLmYw2kFWRzpZsmjubtZ2qn9-iAKI-pKCly6ZXp1Wtja-ntAy3PrlvvoDAZsDjwzrE9sauykrPfs_d1HzWXdi92WHgVeKt44TsOOyw73zwH_GK8bPyRf4K_lT-jw==

As for Ascendancies, there are two strong classes to pick from. I'm probably thinking Cheiftain for a massive fire damage boost, Hierophant may also work because of one additional totem. Picking either of these allows us to start from their respective classes, picking up good nodes in the Templar or Marauder Areas

I'm looking for critizism and ways to make my build work. I'm currently struggeling with mana issues.

What do you think?

I haven't theorycrafted anything, so I'm not sure how this will fare.
Last edited by Vafle on May 14, 2016, 3:27:46 AM
Last bumped on May 13, 2016, 8:13:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info