Why is volatile blood in the game?

Volatile blood is in game to kill chars with 3,5k life,10000000000000000000 dps who clear maps in 1 minute.
Last edited by And1111 on May 17, 2016, 9:35:38 AM
"
And1111 wrote:
Volatile blood is in game to kill chars with 3,5k life,10000000000000000000 dps who clear maps in 1 minute.

Nope, it is to kill melee builds, no matter how tanky they are.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
And1111 wrote:

Funny, I thought reflect was supposed to be doing that. Not that reflect is any less of a bs mechanic. And even if that was the point, it's severely overtuned, because it kills a heck of a lot more than that.
"
johnKeys wrote:
I can deal with Bearers, unless some unique set of circumstances where you literally have nowhere to run.
but Volatile? yeah that thing should not be in the game.

delay, is everything.
give the player time to react instead of an instant "boom you died" mechanic.
and no "boom you died" mechanic ranks higher in the shitfest rating (tm), than the "kill it and it instantly explodes in your face" variant.
would be kind of ok if the explosion damaged nearby monsters as well, but this? this is just pure crap.

Like when a ranged party member pops some frost walls...

Offtopic but I almost got epic PKed earlier.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
While leveling a slayer in perandus a volatile colossal skeleton exploded for 6.3k life on my level 92 character (map was Academy).
This is talking with Enfeeble+Blasphemy, capped resist and fortify up.

I only survived because i had 6.7k life at the time of the explosion, meanwhile my 2 week PHC ranged character laughs at volatiles from a mile away :\

Anyone who thinks volatile is ok never played endgame maps as melee.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on May 17, 2016, 7:16:01 PM
"
Perq wrote:
Quite frankly, I'm not sure how it does work EXACTLY, but from what I know, it is a % of monsters basic attack damage (and it is way over 100%).

I've always thought that VB worked very similarly to Minion Instability.
So a percentage of a monster's maximum life is dealt as 100% fire damage (not sure if added lightning/fire/cold map mods are added). VB is one of the reasons why I always use Arctic Armour on the majority of my melee builds.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
"
I've always thought that VB worked very similarly to Minion Instability.
So a percentage of a monster's maximum life is dealt as 100% fire damage (not sure if added lightning/fire/cold map mods are added). VB is one of the reasons why I always use Arctic Armour on the majority of my melee builds.

Have you ever seen a mob in game that has Volatile Blood? The name of the mod tells you what damage type it is. Volatile Flameblood is fire damage, Volatile Iceblood is cold damage, and Volatile Stormblood is lightning damage.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Have you ever seen a mob in game that has Volatile Blood?

Of course :D. I guess never really read past "Volatile".
Interesting.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:

Funny, I thought reflect was supposed to be doing that. Not that reflect is any less of a bs mechanic. And even if that was the point, it's severely overtuned, because it kills a heck of a lot more than that.

If you're saying that current reflect is overtuned, I'm quite sure you haven't seen the Aura Reflect then. :V Or Thorns Bloodline mod. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Honestly I am a bit afraid to play the game right now. I want to lvl my Flicker striker to high enough levels to clear mobs real fast. I am ok skipping maps if I have to, but as a farming character I really don't want to have to fear that my flicker will insta kill me. It turns me off from the game and I can't even really do anything about it.

All those people saying "it's just something that is a part of the game." I think that's the point. It's a part of a fast paced mob killing game. I understand you might punish someone for playing unsafe, but to have a mob like this that, enters your screen in an instant and dies in an instant, kill you instantly, just really shits on my 48 hours of farming this character doesn't it?

For perspective, I died when a burrower unborrowed next to me with volatile storm blood and insta died. Of course my resistances were maxed out and I had HP as a good chuck of my tree. Quality outplays right there game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info