Why is volatile blood in the game?

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
It's as I said: GGG's approach to balance is to patch it. It's never been a barrier to allowing "cool" stuff to enter the game.

That doesn't explain features like volatile blood, which by their very nature are a melee-only threat. The only way to patch melee-ranged balance into VB would be to increase the AoE to cover the entire screen (and even then a ranged char could just ran away and offscreen it).

Or, you know, you could do the sensible thing and make melee builds inherently more tanky like any good RPG. But I guess we're too hipster for that.
I actually don't think tanking is a huge issue. Without the ability to match clearspeed tanking is irrelevant.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
True, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who aren't terribly worried about having great clearspeed, they just want to not die all the time. I'm one of them, anyway. And when I come up with a cool idea for a build, but get discouraged simply because it's melee, even though I prefer the melee playstyle... then the game is doing something very wrong.
Last edited by suszterpatt on May 16, 2016, 3:45:19 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
I never died from VB, not even in red maps with -res.
if you run a melee with 4k life you deserve to die

Bullshit

Even some of the most tanky builds I've ever seen have died to volatile blood, for example back in tempest, I died with 7.5k, yes thats correct 7500 hp to this mechanic, so to say you've never died to it, like ever is actually kinda funny either you offscreen everything in the game or you are a liar.

in normal conditions (75% res) you'd need a 30k single hit to die and with -15 res you'd need 18,75k damage, maybe you are the liar

edit: without fortify
Last edited by DarkWap on May 17, 2016, 5:25:37 AM
"
Did he seriously say he never died to VD with negative resist? I can see if you just avoid it but if you're hit by it LOL you are going to die.

pls L2P

with 11k es I'd need over 20k damage in one hit even with 50% res

edit: with melee toons you have fortify which works great in -res maps
Last edited by DarkWap on May 17, 2016, 5:24:21 AM
"
DarkWap wrote:
"
Did he seriously say he never died to VD with negative resist? I can see if you just avoid it but if you're hit by it LOL you are going to die.

pls L2P

Son, please. Damage mod on map, -res, rare with damage mods, and also a hard hitting one (Devourer, Giant Skeleton - you name it) and VB will kill you. There is no questions about your ES/life/resistances. You are DEAD.

DED.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
DarkWap wrote:
"

pls L2P

Son, please. Damage mod on map, -res, rare with damage mods, and also a hard hitting one (Devourer, Giant Skeleton - you name it) and VB will kill you. There is no questions about your ES/life/resistances. You are DEAD.

DED.

I have no video to prove it ofc and you can to not believe me, if you like. I really don't care
Last edited by DarkWap on May 17, 2016, 5:38:23 AM
Good evening everyone! Please make sure you keep discussion civil and polite. Having a different opinion than another player or not believing their statements does not give you the right to attack them personally.

If you have any questions about this please refer to our Code of Conduct, or feel free to contact us at support@grindinggear.com
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
http://oddshot.tv/shot/ziggydlive-201603175412975

Yeah, only 5,3k HP, but I'm sure he has capped res. At 50% res, you're taking double the damage, compared to 75%, meaning you'd take AT LEAST 10,6k.

So yeah. Volatile Blood HURTS. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how it does work EXACTLY, but from what I know, it is a % of monsters basic attack damage (and it is way over 100%). So monsters like Devourers and Bone Stalkers (with right mods combination) can easily deal over 50k raw damage with VB explosion, on high level maps, meaning that there is nothing that can save you from dying.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
There's no possible way he lives with high damage tier negative resist mods oh apparently

"
Monsters basic attack damage, map mods such as +% extra cold are applied, this is what makes the vaal slow guys so goddamn deadly. Their base damage is very high to make up for their slow attack speed.

[Removed by Support]

Fuck I should just ask Dan lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Rachel on May 17, 2016, 6:14:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info