Why is volatile blood in the game?

I can deal with Bearers, unless some unique set of circumstances where you literally have nowhere to run.
but Volatile? yeah that thing should not be in the game.

delay, is everything.
give the player time to react instead of an instant "boom you died" mechanic.
and no "boom you died" mechanic ranks higher in the shitfest rating (tm), than the "kill it and it instantly explodes in your face" variant.
would be kind of ok if the explosion damaged nearby monsters as well, but this? this is just pure crap.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 14, 2016, 4:59:09 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I can deal with Bearers, unless some unique set of circumstances where you literally have nowhere to run.
but Volatile? yeah that thing should not be in the game.

delay, is everything.
give the player time to react instead of an instant "boom you died" mechanic.
and no "boom you died" mechanic ranks higher in the shitfest rating (tm), than the "kill it and it instantly explodes in your face" variant.
would be kind of ok if the explosion damaged nearby monsters as well, but this? this is just pure crap.

I´d not have problem with bearers if they worked as intended but sometimes they are bugged that you can´t see them for example once I died to them in strand where they weren´t seen under water. Or once when I played with friend from AUS so I had 360 latency they appeared right before exploding so no time to react.
I agree with I_NO. Anti-melee mechanics like these need to be changed.

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
I agree, there should be a short delay before exploding. Like The Burning Man.

Great suggestion.
"Boom, you're dead" mechanics remind me of fire enchanted mobs and dolls, two of the most widely disliked affixes in D2, other than the iron maiden curse on melee types. And, none of those were necessary mob properties in D2 as there were still plenty of ways for your character to die.

It's the same here. Offering a delay before a lethal explosion gives players a fighting chance, which is all that most would request.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

First off Freezing strongboxes aren't the same thing at all, you can bypass that shit with a flask.

it is the same in the sense that it is something you walk past.
It is an acceptable constraint to your gameplay, that there are things you have to walk past. For a game that was specifically designed with a hardcore audience in mind, high undelayed spike damage is a common occurence.

I personally disagree that volatile blood should oneshot non-tanks. But if I find, that this game does not agree, then I adapt to what I am confronted with.

Whining on forums is bad attitude and nerfs our games until there are no edges left. PoE is already a victim of that this thread contributes to the general nerf culture in gaming these days.
Last edited by Toliman on May 14, 2016, 4:19:07 PM
If volatile blood is killing you, you may be playing at too high of a lvl.
"
Toliman wrote:
Whining on forums is bad attitude and nerfs our games until there are no edges left.

It's annoying how many people call a rational discussion about something someone dislikes whining. This is not whining. It's dishonest and dismissive to call it that.

Volatile monsters are simply bad design. Some combinations of mods and monsters take the damage to such ridiculous levels that almost every melee character will instantly die along with the monster. While people can technically play around this sometimes by taking the time to mouse over every single nemesis rare they come across and keep the cursor there without attacking while they read the mods, POE's design doesn't promote doing this. Many situations are so hectic that taking a break from moving and attacking to mouse over a monster and read its mods can kill you just as fast as a volatile monster will.

Bearers are a much better version of volatile. Ignoring the fact that their circles can practically be invisible on certain maps, and ignoring the fact that some skills can make it nearly impossible to see their circles, they at least have a visual warning and a time delay for you to react once you notice it.

POE is not a book. It doesn't play like a slow paced book. It plays like a fast paced ARPG. We should not be expected to either read all the affixes on Nemesis rares and run away from tougher volatile monsters or lose our characters.
"
As a range I don't give a fuck obviously but when you're melee that's a terrible terrible time and melee isn't exactly competing with range or ever anyway lol

[Removed by Support], VOLATILE BLOOD IS GREAT
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Rachel on May 16, 2016, 7:16:12 AM
Basically, it's there to remind you melee was a bad, bad choice.
"
RootCookie wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Its not a check - there is no counterplay around it for melee...

Dude, it's an awareness check. You notice the glowing orange rare, and you check its mods.
If you dont thats the risk you take.

OK so the issue is how does melee deal with VB, but thats a different topic/point, well to one that I'm trying to make.

If you read my point in its entirety, you'll notice that I said that VB is ok to be in the game. :P Its only the way it works that is pretty terrible for the game atm. Awareness checks are good for the game, but only when you can actually make any difference if you notice it.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info