Why is volatile blood in the game?

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
and melee's aren't using ancestral protector to kill volatile blood mobs because....?

Because not every build has room for random gems that don't supplement their builds more then the other selections they've made.

You cant say volatile is fine because melee has "a" way to kill it, the melee totems do kinda shit damage, you would know that if you actually played the game.

get mob to low life, finish off with ancestral protector. if your weapon isn't trash when compared to whatever area you're in, it works just fine.

or just put a decent weapon offhand and use ancestral protector from there.

playing melee isn't a one-click-wonder like ranged is. get used to it and you won't complain about silly things like volatile mobs. they aren't a threat to melee anymore either with ancestral :)
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
goetzjam wrote:
DD can be counter played around by using an offering or DD skill yourself around things.

I was thinking more like Abyssal Cry. I forgot that flesh offering uses corpses.
If abyssal's duration was increased to 8 seconds it might make it worth using.

AFAIK the following mechanics, even though they destroy the corpses on kill, will still proc Volatile Blood:

Infernal Blow
Glacial Hammer (shattering frozen enemy with less than 1/3 of life)
Using Pyre (destroys the corpses of ignited enemies on death)
Normal freeze shattering
Abyssal Cry
etc, whatever I forgot to add...

I think letting the above take place before Volatile Blood would be a small step in the right direction.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
"

playing melee isn't a one-click-wonder like ranged is. get used to it and you won't complain about silly things like volatile mobs. they aren't a threat to melee anymore either with ancestral :)

This is the typical attitude of PoE ranged players who have never played melee in their lives trying to sound like they know what they are talking about.

We all know you guys don't give a fuck about melee - stop trying to sound like you even care with your retarded suggestions.

You don't have to use ancestral protector. If you can spare two gem slots, any skill + culling will work fine.

Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
You don't have to use ancestral protector. If you can spare two gem slots, any skill + culling will work fine.

Not unless you gimp yourself. In the current meta with player damage so high relative to monster life, 1 punch = 1 (or more) kill(s). And that's unarmed. It's the same if you're using a mirror weapon or even one of the high dps uniques. There's little opportunity to cull outside of coop life scaling.

But in coop as a melee, you don't have an opportunity to back away from a monster to cull/play strategically, unless you just hang back and mooch. The ranged attackers/casters spam like crazy, and with little regard for "melee dangers" like volatile blood, they'll get you killed.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Swear some of you have never ever played melee end game what the fuck lol like that shit is hard compared to a ranger and I play a ranger 90% of the time.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Toliman wrote:
"

Like you have any experience in anyway shape or form of end game in both melee or range.

YOU pay attention.

first you whine like a XXXXXXX then you want to make yourself look xxxxxxxxxx

Pay attention to mob mods.
After I died once to freezing strongbox I never touched a single one again. I ID and when I find one I walk. Simple.
If you die to volatile blood do the same.

Instead you go on forum and complain it's bad attitude.

If you fall asleep farming and shit just dies without you seeing the mods your problem nobody can help you with that.

Every ARPG I'Ve seen so far has something like that. It's fine.

I'm better than you deal with it.
Spoiler
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 13, 2016, 6:37:48 PM
"
Toliman wrote:
Pay attention to mob mods.
After I died once to freezing strongbox I never touched a single one again. I ID and when I find one I walk. Simple.
If you die to volatile blood do the same.

Instead you go on forum and complain it's bad attitude.

If you fall asleep farming and shit just dies without you seeing the mods your problem nobody can help you with that.

Every ARPG I'Ve seen so far has something like that. It's fine.
It's really not.

First off Freezing strongboxes aren't the same thing at all, you can bypass that shit with a flask.

Second, if there is one mod that pretty much everyone melee skips, even at high levels, but everyone ranged doesn't even notice, then at a minimum that needs to be balanced with roughly equal numbers of ranged skips which melee barely even notices. This will be designed never.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I can honestly say that all my builds that I geared to the teeth including ranged and melee was at least once 1 shotted by Volatile Blood...and this bullshit mechanic still angers me everytime it happens.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Bearers, Obelisk and Voltalite, worst designed "skills" that are ingame ._.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info