Why is volatile blood in the game?

died to a volatile invasion boss today with my flicker strike, i did cast vaal discipline and vaal grace before to kill him, i had more than 14k ES but it oneshotted me.
how the hell is this possible?
"
Rambopvp wrote:
Diablo 2's equivalent of Volatile Blood has also killed its fair share of melee characters.

Yep my OP ladder kick Sin got blown the fk up #neverforget
Do people read monster mods? Ive never read them. But i also dont play true melee skills. Except maybe molten strike. If i see i am getting hurt i just use movement skill to flee.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Oct 30, 2016, 11:27:57 PM
"
Nuro wrote:
Honestly, there just needs to be a short delay after they die before the volatile explosion occurs, and some visual indication that they're going to explode (and possibly a colour corresponding to the element) before it occurs.

This would mean melee has an opportunity to quickly use a movement skill or just run away before the monster explodes, and that ranged players not paying attention can potentially die from rushing through the pack they just killed.

This is brilliant. Hope GGG sees this.
"
Songee wrote:
"
Nuro wrote:
Honestly, there just needs to be a short delay after they die before the volatile explosion occurs, and some visual indication that they're going to explode (and possibly a colour corresponding to the element) before it occurs.

This would mean melee has an opportunity to quickly use a movement skill or just run away before the monster explodes, and that ranged players not paying attention can potentially die from rushing through the pack they just killed.

This is brilliant. Hope GGG sees this.

yes, absolutely.

also, a monster exploding is a chaotic mechanic - so why not also deal damage to other monsters rather than just the player?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
cause fuck melee endgame, that's why

Hell, fuck melee overall.
Oblivious
two topics in the same time

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5amcqp/discussionlets_talk_volatile/

How many mechanics do we have that punishes ranged more than melee??? even Shield barrier mobs from a3 make more problems to melee.

I would like to see reversed mechanic of VB - 3 seconds delay with bright animation to get to close range , then explosion with max damage the farther you are from the explosion.
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450
Last edited by Damac0101 on Nov 2, 2016, 12:57:13 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
That's a level of design planning PoE has never shown.

GGG and planning? This is not a thing. This has never been a thing. If we were rating "levels" of design planning GGG would not even be on my graph. They would be in the null or control group which would be present to show a zero state of planning with regards to design. At best this game is a hodgepodge of mostly borrowed ideas and visual effects strung together with a thin veneer of terrible, mildly coherent lore and zero sense of balance between monsters/bosses/builds/skills/items.

To be perfectly honest I LOVED this game the first time I played it. Played it non-stop for years. The disenchantment took some time but I think after awhile everyone will feel it; sadly once you feel it the honeymoon is over and the game becomes terrible all around. So much wasted potential.....
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

GGG and planning? This is not a thing. This has never been a thing. If we were rating "levels" of design planning GGG would not even be on my graph. They would be in the null or control group which would be present to show a zero state of planning with regards to design. At best this game is a hodgepodge of mostly borrowed ideas and visual effects strung together with a thin veneer of terrible, mildly coherent lore and zero sense of balance between monsters/bosses/builds/skills/items.

To be perfectly honest I LOVED this game the first time I played it. Played it non-stop for years. The disenchantment took some time but I think after awhile everyone will feel it; sadly once you feel it the honeymoon is over and the game becomes terrible all around. So much wasted potential.....

I couldn't agree more.
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Eh, I can't quite agree with that. In particular, I think the currency design of the game is brilliant. I also think borrowing the sphere grid from FFX was a great idea; being original for originality's sake is spot when someone else came up with a great solution first.

I think the most neglected aspect of the game is combat, not balance. GGG at least tries on balance, releasing numerous tweaks, tweaks on tweaks, etc. As far as combat goes they openly say you can watch Netflix as you're playing. THAT is representative of essentially not giving a fuck.

As a result, PoE is a somewhat balanced, deeply customizable version of Cookie Clicker with RPG elements. You can spend hours thinking about all the cool builds you can make that you'll hate actually playing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info