picture freezes but i can still play

To explain this better every other time i open path of exile my screen would start frozen, the rain at the title screen is just stopped but i can still hear the sound. as such i can click the play button but the screen is still frozen but now i hear the background noise from character selection. at this point if i minimize poe and then re open it i get a frozen screen of the character selection screen. if i choose a character then the same thing happens in game, i can move around and talk to npcs but in order to see any change in my screen i need to minimize and re open. the simple and short term fix for this is simply re launching poe but i would love a way to fix this permanently.

thank you for reading and any help given to me.
Last bumped on May 17, 2016, 9:02:43 PM
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues. Can you please post your DxDiag in a spoiler for us? You can generate one by searching your start menu for "dxdiag", running it, and then saving all the information to a text file.

Thank you very much.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
I went off the forums for a small while but in that time I realised I had problems with other games as well (this is not my main pc but rather a laptop I am using in college) after closer inspection in almost all aspects this laptop is suitable for most low cost games such as path of exile BUT I recently found out that this computer has a MEASLY 64 MB of dedicated video ram. As such I highly doubt my problems lie with anything to do with the game or software but rather the crappy video device on this computer.

I appreciate the VERY fast response to my problem but in doing so found my own solution. sorry for wasting anybodies time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info