How is update 3.0 looking?

Ok GGG time to give us some details on 3.0

I'm sure you've been testing it for months now and have plenty to tell. Let's hear it!

Ok on a slightly more serious note. Are we going to go through 2.3 then 2.4 then 2.5 up to 2.9 before 3.0 or is there some big jump planned to the NEXT LEVEL OF GGGness?
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2016, 9:54:25 PM
Umm... 2.3 is next. 3.0 is probably a long way off.

I'd expect them to go all 3.0 on us when act V comes out.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on May 9, 2016, 8:51:53 PM
Act V in 2022 inc
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Get your seizure medication refilled because that's the patch they release VR support!
I'm personally expecting 3.0 to replace anywhere between 2.4 to 2.6 at the latest. Anything past that is pretty absurd if you ask me.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Qiox wrote:
Ok GGG time to give us some details on 3.0

I'm sure you've been testing it for months now and have plenty to tell. Let's hear it!

Ok on a slightly more serious note. Are we going to go through 2.3 then 2.4 then 2.5 up to 2.9 before 3.0 or is there some big jump planned to the NEXT LEVEL OF GGGness?

None of the above. GGG will be skipping the numerical updates after 2.5, and what would have been 3.0 will simply be called:

Wraeclastium. Then we'll have Wraeclastium II, Wraeclastium III through IV.

PoE seven will change nomenclature again, and we will get "W5" and so on.

At that point, the players who have player for >five years and never purchased a single MTX point might be relegated to the Sarnelon servers.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
The 2.4.0 expansion probably comes out in September. We haven't talked (EDIT: *talked publicly*) about the plan for updates after that point yet.

(2.3.0 technically isn't an expansion, just a challenge league and large content update, akin to 2.1.0/Talisman)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on May 10, 2016, 5:43:59 AM
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Get your seizure medication refilled because that's the patch they release VR support!

This will be the day when I will make build with extra gore on every item.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Chris wrote:
The 2.4.0 expansion probably comes out in September. We haven't talked about the plan for updates after that point yet.

(2.3.0 technically isn't an expansion, just a challenge league and large content update, akin to 2.1.0/Talisman)

Surely you are not suggesting that you do not have a solid plan past September...

I will just take it as that you are not prepared to announce/speculate on any timelines you have for all the wonderful ideas GGG has planned out over the next year. :)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
The 2.4.0 expansion probably comes out in September. We haven't talked about the plan for updates after that point yet.

Surely you are not suggesting that you do not have a solid plan past September...

I will just take it as that you are not prepared to announce/speculate on any timelines you have for all the wonderful ideas GGG has planned out over the next year. :)

Oh we definitely have a plan... I just meant we haven't talked publicly about anything past 2.4.0.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info