PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

New Unique Strongboxes

Neat. Corrupting them FTW! ;)
"
hogmark wrote:
Neat. Corrupting them FTW! ;)

i think you might earn more selling portals to people that actually want to SEE one of these strongboxes..

this league (timespan, i do not play the leagues themselves) ive found.. zero unique strongboxes? one? im not certain if that last barrel was this year or the previous one.

unique strongboxes spawn rate is just 'hey, youve missed a decimal point here' type of situation
Unique strongboxes are a thing?

1934 hours played as of writing.
"
Alabamak wrote:
Awesome, hopefully they'll spawn more frequently that the actual ones.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
WTB Div Card boxes.
I like the new boxes! I'm glad you're expanding the list of unique ones, too. I'm biased, though. I've found a lot more boxes on my own than the entire thread seems to have found. Maybe I just sacrificed enough time to the Random Number God, and He was pleased.

In my career I've found 5 unique strongboxes on my own, created 1 on my own (sadly this was in Awakening Beta and didn't count towards the Live realm's challenges), and experienced 2 others through guild member invitations (I just wanted to experience the box; they kept all drops).

To date that's:
4 Barrels (1 Chanced)
1 Empyrean
1 Kaom's (Guild Invite)
2 Perandus (Guild Invite)

I do love the sheer awe you feel when you encounter a unique box regardless of area or level since they generally have guaranteed unique item drop results. But it's true that the encounter rate on them is pretty horrendous! When you think how common guaranteed uniques are from Nemesis mobs, it feels odd that the strongboxes are so limited. Especially when their unique drops are also very limited (could be brilliant kaom chest - could be mediocre kaom ring).

Barrel seems to far more common than anything else, though. So let's hope these new boxes are more common as well.

It may also be their rarity is tied to the number of uniques they grant - think of how many guaranteed uniques Perandus and Empyrean give you (which can all be amazing), while Kaom's gives you a chance at the chest piece.

Meanwhile the RNG of Strange Barrel has only a slight chance of giving you something very strong, while also staying thematically within its confines.

If these new unique barrels they release drop a huge variance on unique items like barrels do (or don't even drop guaranteed uniques at all), perhaps they'll end up being the most common unique boxes of all. It'd feel really rewarding to open up a box full of spirits AFTER dragging a rare monster next to it....
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on May 10, 2016, 2:50:31 AM
Are there unique strongboxes outside Oba's map??? Really??? I have checked the date.. maybe I missed this post on April 1st
"spawn animated weapons"...

please make sure, that all skills can kill those things please...
/global 4745
I've only ever seen maybe 3 Unique Strongboxes ever since they released... And 2 of them were Strange Barrels (probably the most common, and useless, one)... So, while cool, this isn't really that relevant or even true "content" if you ask me.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on May 10, 2016, 2:41:27 AM
1077 hours of playtime and never found or chanced one so far. Hopefully these will spawn more often.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info