Summoners in Perandus Flashback (HC)?

I have no currency in Perandus FB HC. I don't know how to Summoner. Should I roll one in said league, or will Perandus Mobs just blast my minion army with piss and leave me to die? Can anyone vouch for the efficacy of zombies/spectres versus Perandus minions when you can only use a 4/5 link, and will be lacking a core unique or two?
Last bumped on May 10, 2016, 11:54:27 PM
Wouldn't cost you much to try... might even be fun. I've heard that they have trouble with normal difficulty, but shape up pretty well in cruel/merci.
Right, but I could have fun playing other things too, and you can see the predicament I'm sure... walk up to a Perandus Box with the pack of 20 magic monsters, 33% of which are throwing AoE fire at you. They melt your minions (I'm guessing). Then you (I in this case) are left standing there like a jackass. A soon to be dead jackass.

And that doesn't even account for the extra difficulty from the ruckus mods.
Start summoning skeletons as soon as you see a perandus mob; if your hoard melts before the mob is clear then you've built them all wrong.

In my experience, normal merveil will probably be the hardest thing in the entire story if you insist on being pure summoner from the beginning.

So my recommendation is to not be pure summoner from the beginning. Wait until maybe a3n with some minion gems getting leveled offhand and then spec into it.
Get minion and totem elemental resistance on your zombies. If that's not enough, get purity too. The Zombies will be fine against perandus mobs with 75% ele resists. Also consider bone offering.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on May 9, 2016, 3:58:40 PM
Ok well that's a bit reassuring, thx. Kinda thinking zombies early and then transitioning into dominating blow.
"
innervation wrote:
Ok well that's a bit reassuring, thx. Kinda thinking zombies early and then transitioning into dominating blow.

It will be pretty sketchy to be sure, Perandus mobs are bad enough on their own and when you add other league mods in the mix it will be murder.

I played one in regular Perandus from level 1 and my verdict is you can kiss your ass goodbye without SRS. Raise minions resists, use vitality, rejuvenation totem, shaper's seed and skullhead as soon as possible, minion flasks too if you don't mind wasting orbs on rolling them, every bit helps. Your zombies will die a lot early on, hell, even guardian and golem might kick the bucket a few times, at the end of normal your tougher minion will stabilize and zombies will pretty much stop dying by the end of cruel, don't bother with spectres before mid-cruel at the earliest.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Yes I stumbled upon an SRS drop at level 7 and its been carrying me - I'm not sure I would have taken it as a quest reward so that was quite fortuitous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info