why are certain items so "wanted"? eg vinktar/skyforth.

why would you spend so much money for a legacy vinktar, or a skyforth?

you can grab val pact, which is basically a better version of vinktar, and there's several ways to get skyforth's advantages (except the stun one).

so imo, these are but toys, to be used by the most rich players.

i invite you to explain why im wrong, all criticism/words welcome.
Last bumped on May 9, 2016, 12:18:24 PM
Why would you want to live in a house when a cardboard box in an alley gives you a place to sleep just fine? Houses are just toys for rich people?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why would you want to live in a house when a cardboard box in an alley gives you a place to sleep just fine? Houses are just toys for rich people?

that is a pretty good analogy. how about mine :

you have a porsche(skyforth) but you live in a hovel(4 linked blue chest). you went on ahead and bought something with all you money, and now you have to live in a cardboard box.

we're doing pretty well here, i think?
"
Disconaut wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

that is a pretty good analogy. how about mine :

you have a porsche(skyforth) but you live in a hovel(4 linked blue chest). you went on ahead and bought something with all you money, and now you have to live in a cardboard box.

we're doing pretty well here, i think?

Who plays with a blue chestpiece while wearing skyforths? I don't think even hidden potential builds would ever do that.

Look at it this way. If you are an earthquake duelist or marauder or something using marohi erqi, you do pretty much all physical damage besides any auras and support gems linked to earthquake. The 20% conversion to lightning damage vinktar completely removes 20% of your damage from being physical reflected. You are also getting a 20% lightning damage leech while flask is up. Where the hell can you find that node on the passive tree? Even if it existed, how many points would you spend to gain the same effects?

Similarly, when you have skyforths, your CI or low life, or any other es based build that did not take much if any life nodes has a much easier time not getting stunned without wasting a shit ton of passive points going for unwavering stance, which also has the downside of never being able to evade attacks.

In other words, you're a new player who doesn't understand why certain mechanics on uniques or combination of uniques is useful as shit versus the pauper's alternative or think that regardless of usefulness, they should be just as easy to obtain as say a Blackheart iron ring despite their abilities necessitating their rarity.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on May 9, 2016, 12:21:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info