Blizzactivision is priceless

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:07:41 PM
Priceless in the sense that they are continuously at the top of the publisher heap and break record profit numbers year after year, sure.

But go on, lets slam them for making stuff we don't like. Cause we matter.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:07:59 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
bl00dengel wrote:
i think the OP just wanted an excuse to join in the blizz hate train. it's cool to hate on blizz lately. they should rename their company to "casual entertainment"

They make great competitive games (SC2, Overwatch) but their RPG's leave out most of the elements people love in that genre.

alright I can agree with SC, but overwatch is a HUGE stretch.
the game skill ceiling is low as fuck. there's no recoil, infinite ammo, one weapon only for vast majority of heroes, aiming easy as hell. hacks are a feature (wallhack, auto-aim) and vast majority of skills have a spread/aoe effect.

dont get me wrong, its a nice casual game (although is criminally short in map + gamemode variation and match legnth), but in no way a great competitive game. Its competitive in the sense that its two teams against each other, but the balancing of the game is as anti-competitive as it gets. Some characters are clearly better than others and some heroes are far too dependent on others in order to do their main role properly.

I want to love OW, I really want to, but as it currently stands I find the game disappointing and not worth the price tag. Loads of wasted potential.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 10, 2016, 4:01:44 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Priceless in the sense that they are continuously at the top of the publisher heap and break record profit numbers year after year, sure.

But go on, lets slam them for making stuff we don't like. Cause we matter.

Lol did you read the OP? He slammed them for taking a hard stance on pedo jokes.

Not even. The clickbait title was enough to get me to take a shit in the thread.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:08:25 PM
i don't think anyone sane can deny the quality of blizzard games in terms of smoothness, animation, polishing etc, their games are great if you like the sort of less than 30min gameplay bursts.

however all of their games, if you play them for long periods of time, you start to question life in general, they feel empty, without soul and lack of content. i know because i used to be a blizz fanboy, in 2008 i got myself a mac just because i exclusively played blizz games... i no longer have a mac... thank satan. lol

the point i am trying to make is, if you have a lot of hours to spend in gaming, blizzard games are not ideal... they don't fit the picture of long lasting and/or hardcore gameplay.

the only game i can admit that is not casual is starcraft, but due to how koreans treat that game sort of like a religious experience, you will never become competitive. the only reason there is caucasians in the finals is because blizz said koreans belong to korean region... let the caucasians have a chance, at least give the illusion of chance... but like always, once they meet the korean fanatics in a 1v1 in any tournament, they will most likely lose.

some people think its because koreans have higher iq, which is not true, has nothing to do with intelligence, its the fact that the koreans live in houses with teammates/friends who constantly play SC day in, day out, 16 hours a day, every day. most caucasians are not serious enough nor care on a level koreans do and that is why the SC game has died in terms of overall player base... we simply cannot compete against them giving us no motivation to even queue in a game.

besides SC, blizz has other "competitive" games but their gameplay and mechanics compared to games in the same genre are overly simplified... heroes of the storm is a great casual game, i'd say way more fun than league, but on a serious competitive skill level... hots is a joke... same with overwatch... same with hearthstone.

tldr = blizz is great for 30min bursts, but for long gaming sessions... look elsewhere
Last edited by bl00dengel on May 10, 2016, 7:36:02 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
alright I can agree with SC, but overwatch is a HUGE stretch.
the game skill ceiling is low as fuck. there's no recoil, infinite ammo, one weapon only for vast majority of heroes, aiming easy as hell. hacks are a feature (wallhack, auto-aim) and vast majority of skills have a spread/aoe effect.

dont get me wrong, its a nice casual game (although is criminally short in map + gamemode variation and match legnth), but in no way a great competitive game. Its competitive in the sense that its two teams against each other, but the balancing of the game is as anti-competitive as it gets. Some characters are clearly better than others and some heroes are far too dependent on others in order to do their main role properly.

I want to love OW, I really want to, but as it currently stands I find the game disappointing and not worth the price tag. Loads of wasted potential.

You might be right, but every time I started to feel like I knew the OP characters I saw someone counter them beautifully. The skill ceiling may be low as far as FPS-type twitch reaction skills, but teams that understand team-makeup and character specific counters will never lose to skilled players without that knowledge.

I don't think any one strategy or team makeup will look dominant all the time, the game definitely rewards teams that react to their opponents strengths, so I think that depth of strategy will make it pretty popular with competitive gamers, but time will tell.

Oh yeah, I think it will probably be very entertaining to see high skill teams fight each other. I however think that high skilled players will not give this game much of their time due to existence of other more "tuned towards skill" team and class based games. Dirty Bomb for example, I must thank blizzard with OW, I would have never tried that game if it wasnt for their OW closed beta blue balls effect. (and it seems there's other upcoming games in that "genre" that have potential.

"
bl00dengel wrote:
i don't think anyone sane can deny the quality of blizzard games in terms of smoothness, animation, polishing etc, their games are great if you like the sort of less than 30min gameplay bursts
Oh yeah, I played the OW open beta and was surprised how smoothly it ran. it definitly has some value, especially to play with friends from time to time, maybe in a few years when the price is down to 5 bucks or so Ill buy it.
Oblivious
I just don't like Blizzard much because I don't have fun playing their games since D2 :X
D3? Rather play PoE
OW? Rather play Dirty Bomb
HOTS? Rathe rplay League (though I almost never play MOBAs solo)
SC2? Rather play WH40k (why play discount Tyranids?)
Spoiler
it's a joke

WC? Rather play AoE

Even now I'd play PoE over D2 tbh.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Last edited by Einkil on May 12, 2016, 3:56:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info