Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Please Allow full game unlock after beating Normal Difficulty OR Remove Normal Difficulty

"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
"
mark1030 wrote:
Actually, Trini, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. You should be on D3's forums asking them to add the good features of PoE. Since that game is closer to your idea of perfection, they would have less to do to win your undying adoration.

I do like how OP will occasionally slide in that he thinks PoE is beautiful to some degree to the genre and then goes on all these threads calling for it to become D3.

Chris said it not me, half the people who play this game quit. I am pointing out why.
And what percentage of the people who tried D3 quit? All your facts so far have been how many people play D3, not how many people quit D3.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Lets see some more stats

http://www.statista.com/statistics/275226/best-selling-pc-games-of-all-time-worldwide/

Again nowhere on the list of best selling pc games of all time and we must continue to believe the nasty lies about how D3 sold because of D2?

D3 sold because it looked and played like WoW the very same game it edges out.

Like anybody believes this failure of D2 would have had an impact anywhere remotely close to D3's closest sibling WoW. Thats why Blizzard North was fired after the abomination they were creating and rightfully so.

I notice I keep making the basement latrine nerds cry, because they can't handle the statistics I am bringing. They are trying to sell the rest of us belief without evidence and I am bringing the statistical data to the table.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on May 9, 2016, 2:38:09 PM
Please can anyone tell me what this game has to do with D3 again? I don't see a point mentioning arcade games as examples compared to poe.

Back to my basement, light hurts me so i post at night.
Spreading salt since 2006
So on your list of PC games, are they counting the console sales too? Because I don't think activision ever separated out the totals. Kind of skews the numbers when you included other platforms in your totals that other games on the list didn't count.

You are fixated of how many copies sold and ignored my question about how many people quit. If half of the people quit D3 too, what's your point?

So what if PoE isn't on your list of pc games sold? It's not eligible for the list since i'ts never been for sale.

I dug a little deeper into the 30 million copies figure, and found that it includes RoS. So they count people who bought both D3 and RoS as TWO copies sold, when in fact it was really just one copy and expansion.

Not sure why you insist people bought D3 because of WoW. I know a lot of people whomplayed D3. Not one of them bought it because of Wow. They are different games with different audiences.
Last edited by mark1030 on May 9, 2016, 2:52:15 PM
"
Necromael wrote:
Please can anyone tell me what this game has to do with D3 again? I don't see a point mentioning arcade games as examples compared to poe.

I am trying to assist Chris in understanding why he does not understand why 50% of people quit POE

If you walked barefooted through a huge latrine and at the end of the latrine tunnel you met a pile of gold where you wanted to find a rare diamond, would you want to walk through an even bigger latrine 2 times again just to reach the gold where you then had to spend a year or a lifetime searching for your diamond?

"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:

I am trying to assist Chris in understanding why he does not understand why 50% of people quit POE

If you walked barefooted through a huge latrine and at the end of the latrine tunnel you met a pile of gold where you wanted to find a rare diamond, would you want to walk through an even bigger latrine 2 times again just to reach the gold where you then had to spend a year or a lifetime searching for your diamond?
If you were trying to assist Chris, you would show him that 50% of D3 players didn't quit. So where's that stat?
Dude your statistics are FLAWED.

D3 may have sold more boxed copies then D2, but you have to remember D2 was back in an era where people would just grab a copy of someone elses game and use their keys, it didn't require you to play on battle.net and authenticate your key.

Also compare it to PoE, a game that doesn't charge anything to play, you can't exactly say, without sounding like a dumbass, that D3 sold more copies then PoE, well no fucking shit it has because PoE is FREE TO PLAY.

The distribution of PC games has greatly changed since D2 was "in its prime"

Lets take a look at a more reputable source of information, that actually has to supply sources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games

Number 1 is minecraft, while I personally own this game I played it for about 20 min before realizing that I wasn't going to have fun with it.

Number 2 is WoW, a game I tried for 5 min before realizing I just wasted so much time downloading an MMORPG game. This game obviously was successful and is often referred to as the standard that MMO's should strive to be, although many people are starting to like the older patches more then the new "easier ones"

Number 3 is Terraria, its essentially a 2d minecraft, I own and played this game quite a lot. Its fun, without being overly grindy. Although I havent touched it in at least a year or so.

Number 4 is your D3, sits at or just below the same as above. This is an obvious indication that 2 things happened, 1 people wanted to play a successor to D2, so no matter how you feel about the game design of D2, D3 wouldn't have been as successful as it was without people wanting (and not receiving) the continuation of the Diablo franchise. Because of this A LOT of people preordered or purchased right at or before the start, myself included. However it failed to deliver what D2 players wanted and it was plagued by issues like shitty itemization (mainly due to scaling mechanics) and the fact that you would just grab something off the AH instead of try to find anything yourself.

The redeeming factor for D3 was RoS, while not what D2 fans would likely want, it caters itself to more of the casual crowd and adds interesting things and makes the feeling of legendary feel good, even if just a short realization that legendary in D3 are like rare items in PoE, you almost always use them and only use something else if your build needs it. So they sold even more copies of D3 with this expansion because it "promised" to change the game (essentially allowing people to play differently then before)

Number 5 is essentially just a couple games together, like half-life 2 and counter-strike (aka orange box)

Number 6, the Sims, this whole series as a whole is more then any other game.

Go down a few more things and you see D2 sitting at 4 million copies, thats 1\3 of the copies listed for D3, considering what I said above about connection\authentication thats actually pretty significant, like it was stupid ez to just use a copied key if you never played online, I know back then I didn't play online it wasn't until about 2 years ago I even purchased a legitimate copy.

You would have to be an absolute fool to think D3 is the greatest game of all time or that D2 was a failure (hint if d2 was a failure they wouldnt have made a 3rd)

"
If you were trying to assist Chris, you would show him that 50% of D3 players didn't quit. So where's that stat?

In his ass like all of the rest of his stats. You know hes just pulling this shit out of his ass, he can't even use a more reputable source to "prove" his point, hes obsessed with that site for some reason. (at this point I think its just advertising but idk)

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on May 9, 2016, 3:03:26 PM
Trini doesn't understand the concept of biased sources it seems. D2 was popular as shit but also due to the newish age of video gaming probably didn't sell nearly as many copies as D3 did where younger and younger generations are able to access games like D3 with relative ease.

Secondly, the hype towards D3's release wasn't "oh look how wowish it is!" I never heard a single hype train similar to that. Across the internet and my own public connections the sole focus was "Finally, after years we get a sequel to D2, the greatest game I ever played" sentiments. So no, nothing indicates it was the WoW factor that made D3 so popular.

And like mark1030 is mentioning, these articles you link have absolutely nothing to do with player dropoff as people quit D3 out of disgust. Millions of players were ticked off at either first day performance, the changes the game series made in general or whatever and people quit it in droves. It came back up after RoS released but then dropped again. If D3 was amazing as you want to make it out to be then my friends list and my irl friends' lists shouldn't be reading ghosttown-statistics. 20+ people haven't logged on in years? Oh yeah that sounds like a mighty popular game that everyone still enjoys.

You want to claim any game is better than any other game? You have to go through a checklist:

1) Same genre? (May or may not be relevant. In your case it probably would be)

2) Copies "sold" (You would have to find how many times PoE is downloaded)
a) Did you account for bot accounts? They count towards sales numbers and downloads alike.

3) How many people consistently play some operationally defined amount of time to be considered a consistent customer. You have to account for player dropoff after sales/download numbers. It makes no sense to include those who play PoE to brutus and quit as well as who bought D3 but haven't touched it in months/years.

4) Make sure your sources don't have various biases or don't account for variables. GGG is an indie game developer, Blizzard isn't. Obivously numbers for an indie game will rarely match a AAA title developer even when the AAA game is considered shit some time after release and the indie game is adored. Sales reports may not differentiate between consoles and pc like mark said. Is one game available in some countries and the other isn't? You can't add those numbers if one is physically restricted from being presented to an audience that has access to the other game. etc. etc.

There are plenty more problems with comparing these two or any two games. You can't just post sales numbers like it is the end all of arguments. Get over it.

Edit: Goetz probably beat me to some of these points. His tl;dr post got there while I was typing mine. :P
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on May 9, 2016, 3:16:31 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
Dude your statistics are FLAWED.

D3 may have sold more boxed copies then D2, but you have to remember D2 was back in an era where people would just grab a copy of someone elses game and use their keys, it didn't require you to play on battle.net and authenticate your key.

Also compare it to PoE, a game that doesn't charge anything to play, you can't exactly say, without sounding like a dumbass, that D3 sold more copies then PoE, well no fucking shit it has because PoE is FREE TO PLAY.

The distribution of PC games has greatly changed since D2 was "in its prime"

Lets take a look at a more reputable source of information, that actually has to supply sources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games

Number 1 is minecraft, while I personally own this game I played it for about 20 min before realizing that I wasn't going to have fun with it.

Number 2 is WoW, a game I tried for 5 min before realizing I just wasted so much time downloading an MMORPG game. This game obviously was successful and is often referred to as the standard that MMO's should strive to be, although many people are starting to like the older patches more then the new "easier ones"

Number 3 is Terraria, its essentially a 2d minecraft, I own and played this game quite a lot. Its fun, without being overly grindy. Although I havent touched it in at least a year or so.

Number 4 is your D3, sits at or just below the same as above. This is an obvious indication that 2 things happened, 1 people wanted to play a successor to D2, so no matter how you feel about the game design of D2, D3 wouldn't have been as successful as it was without people wanting (and not receiving) the continuation of the Diablo franchise. Because of this A LOT of people preordered or purchased right at or before the start, myself included. However it failed to deliver what D2 players wanted and it was plagued by issues like shitty itemization (mainly due to scaling mechanics) and the fact that you would just grab something off the AH instead of try to find anything yourself.

The redeeming factor for D3 was RoS, while not what D2 fans would likely want, it caters itself to more of the casual crowd and adds interesting things and makes the feeling of legendary feel good, even if just a short realization that legendary in D3 are like rare items in PoE, you almost always use them and only use something else if your build needs it. So they sold even more copies of D3 with this expansion because it "promised" to change the game (essentially allowing people to play differently then before)

Number 5 is essentially just a couple games together, like half-life 2 and counter-strike (aka orange box)

Number 6, the Sims, this whole series as a whole is more then any other game.

Go down a few more things and you see D2 sitting at 4 million copies, thats 1\3 of the copies listed for D3, considering what I said above about connection\authentication thats actually pretty significant, like it was stupid ez to just use a copied key if you never played online, I know back then I didn't play online it wasn't until about 2 years ago I even purchased a legitimate copy.

You would have to be an absolute fool to think D3 is the greatest game of all time or that D2 was a failure (hint if d2 was a failure they wouldnt have made a 3rd)

"

In his ass like all of the rest of his stats. You know hes just pulling this shit out of his ass, he can't even use a more reputable source to "prove" his point, hes obsessed with that site for some reason. (at this point I think its just advertising but idk)

Let me ask you this, why would D3 sold based off D2 when D3 looked and played nothing like D2? but everything like WoW which also happens to be right next to D3 in global sales?

Do you see now whats wrong with the whole D3 sold because of D2 argument? D3 sold because it looked and played like WoW. We all know this to be true, come on.

Also I reported you for using obscene language.

If you think any game today that looks like D2 could ever sell remotely close to what WoW and D3 has sold then I have a bridge in the sky to sell you.

BTW I happen to find POE superior to D3 I have said this a million times here not sure why people are still living in this bubble where they think I believe that D3 is better than POE. My point has always been since POE is a carbon copy of D2 they also adopted dumb and stupid outdated things that needed to be improved upon that was not possible in the last century due to more modern game engines and technology.

Chris said 50% of people quit POE, Blizzard said no such thing so i am just trying to help Chris understand why. If there is a pile of gold at the end of the tunnel with a rare diamond that will take me years to find I would only like to walk through the living latrine barefooted just once in order to reach there

hence my suggestion to unlock the game after first playthrough so we can get started with end game. In which universe do people grind an ARPG mid way as opposed to end game?

Last edited by TriniGamer on May 9, 2016, 3:47:09 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:

Let me ask you this, why would D3 sold based off D2 when D3 looked and played nothing like D2? but everything like WoW which also happens to be right next to D3 in global sales?

Do you see now whats wrong with the whole D3 sold because of D2 argument? D3 sold because it looked and played like WoW. We all know this to be true, come on.

Also I reported you for using obscene language.

Because people thought it was going to play like D2, not WoW. They were expecting it to resemble the game that it was being based off of!? Is it really that hard to understand?
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info