Trials of Ascendancy for each character - ugh!

I understand the purpose of the trials of ascendancy; it gives the player an idea of what they might face in the labyrinth.

But why can't the completion of the trials of ascendancy be account bound? I.E. if you did the trials in normal, your next characters don't need to do them again, same with cruel and merciless.
Last bumped on May 11, 2016, 1:02:30 AM
Hate to be the resident white knight here, but I think it provides a nice bit of variety in between the usual quests of leveling. If I don't feel in the mood to do them as I find them, I save them until I need to actually do labyrinth, then go back and try to fit the pieces together. Fitting the pieces together grants a very primal if weak satisfaction, something like the joy of stacking blocks in preschool (I never went to preschool - perhaps that is why I am brainless enough to actually enjoy ggg's new content? ;)

Also, makes it kinda feel more like I earned my ascendancy instead of getting it handed to me on a silver platter.

But to be completely fair, I probably wouldn't mind if trials became account bound. So I have no personal reason to oppose your suggestion, which many others have voiced as well, by the way.

I only hope you didn't make the classic mistake of assuming that since GGG doesn't often reply in Feedback and Suggestions that they ignore posts in that section - in fact, that is the place where relevant developers are most likely to view suggestions and feedback such as in this post.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Sometimes the trials are easier or harder on different characters. If you can't complete the trials on a character, you probably aren't ready for the Labyrinth on that character. They're kind of like a maneuverability check for your character I guess.

It is kind of annoying doing them on every difficulty with every character though.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

It is kind of annoying doing them on every difficulty with every character though.

This
"
MBata wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

This
Very much this.

I must admit that I find the trials useful. Labyrinth is unlike the rest of the game and I only go into it to ascend. So, I find the trials useful as a way to temporarily re-train myself into "environment vs player" twitch-based arcade gameplay that I never even bother to consider for the rest of the game, directly ahead of when I run Labyrinth.

It would perhaps be good for quite a few players if the trials always remain available as an option, even if not a requirement.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Perhaps cadiro's evil brother can grant access to lab through payment and a secret passage. Izaro would be like "how the hell does you get in here? Guards!!"
"
nephilim1984 wrote:
Perhaps cadiro's evil brother can grant access to lab through payment and a secret passage. Izaro would be like "how the hell does you get in here? Guards!!"

Ny trials of ascendancy i mean the little side areas in act 1, 2, and 3 that are a prereq to opening the lab. Based on your response, i am not sure if that was clear to you.
Personally, I like what they did with characters in Standard (though they implemented it a bit late)--a character only has to finish Merciless lab to get all 6 ascendancy points, but before they finish the lab once they can't get an ascendancy class.

If they made it so every character still had to complete a lab of at least difficulty X to get 2*X ascendancy points total, then I think a lot of issues would be solved. I think serious racers for 2-week leagues like this would only deal with merc lab, but a lot of people find the ascendancy classes too attractive to just skip them until a3m (personally, on my char in the current league, I would've skipped the normal lab but done the cruel lab, because perma-fortify is too attractive)
Last edited by codetaku on May 9, 2016, 1:22:35 PM
"
MBata wrote:
"
nephilim1984 wrote:

Ny trials of ascendancy i mean the little side areas in act 1, 2, and 3 that are a prereq to opening the lab. Based on your response, i am not sure if that was clear to you.

Lol. Apparently my joke was not clear to you. I meant pay an NPC to access lab instead of doing the trials..
You mean an NPC like Zana's map system?

Might just happen at the end of this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info