Diablo 3 console release confirmed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-10-diablo-3-console-release-confirmed

I cant imagine playing diablo on a controler...

Makes you think D3 graphics arent all they could, so they could port it to current generations consoles (that have video cards from 2004 generations, ie: geforce 7800 on PS3)

And knowing Activision, they will care more about console gamers and give less importances to PC gamers in updates and gameplay.

Is the diablo franchise as we know it trully dead or is there some hope?

Many thanks to fantazmat for the beta key!
Last edited by Ethereal on Jan 11, 2012, 7:30:04 PM
Well, you could play Diablo on Playstation, so it's a return to roots if anything. More so than the rest of the game, in my opinion.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
PS port was released 2 years after original. IF D3 is planned for simultaneous release, yeah, it's gonna lose some complexity to scale to consoles, including graphics limits and very likely control customization.

Doesn't mean it will be inherently worse, but they need to watch what they're doing.

I also can't imagine playing Diablo 3 on a controller, nor would i intend to. IMO games like Diablo are better on the PC. I also have to question that decision, i personally feel that Diablo 3 should remain a PC exclusive.
This really depends... a prime example is Skyrim.

Although I think D3 is junk, from a purely technical point of view the only real consideration for PC players is 'which came first.'

In the case of Skyrim, the game was built for the console first and then hastily ported to PC. This caused SEVERE problems with the art, UI, and controls design.

If D3 was made primarily with PCs in mind first, and they decided to port it to consoles much later, then it's very possible that the art will look the same or better on PCs and it will lack the UI issues that exist due to console consideration. (some credence is given to this theory, simply because it was beta'd on PC and afaik there has never been a console demo.)

This will possible mean that the D3 console port will suffer, but the PC experience should be optimized... however it's probable that they knew they would be supporting consoles a long time ago and made specific plans based around that, which will significantly impact PC play.

Diablo has a history of the console port suffering, as they have tended to cater heavily towards PC and simply done the money grab at the console market.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
BF3 is horrible though due to consoles though. It takes 2 more clicks with the mouse than needed to just change an add-on on your rifle. That was supposed to be made first for PC then ported to consoles afaik.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info