How I feel playing non chaos-conversion Flameblast

"
Vias_Myton wrote:
I think GGG will solve this the GGG way - by adding chaos reflect monster affix.

Chris already nixed that - said they want to keep chaos unique.
No leach for chaos damage.

Yes, get your potions ready!

And some chaos resistance affix will do :p

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I hope they don't attempt to change chaos by removing leech, I'd hate to be pigeonholed into traps, mines or totems :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
I hope they don't attempt to change chaos by removing leech, I'd hate to be pigeonholed into traps, mines or totems :P

I dont think no leech chaos damage would be that bad.
My voltspark rarely gets hit anyways, and usually clear mobs from 3 screens away.
Tbh I wouldn't even call no leech chaos much of a nerf since most chaos builds dps is just retarded.
So to keep the retarded dps chaos damage provides losing leech is almost like the least GGG could do. To go for the whole ultimate glass cannon theme.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Ive never died to reflect on my regular flameblaster.

Must just be me.
Elemental reflect is no problem with 4% instant leech/vaal pact. You can argue about if you should have to take all those measures but it's not insurmountable is all I'm saying. Two darks is just easy way out.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 6, 2016, 10:40:28 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Elemental reflect is no problem with 4% instant leech/vaal pact. You can argue about if you should have to take all those measures but it's not insurmountable is all I'm saying. Two darks is just easy way.

Vaal Pact doesn't work if you do enough damage to 1 shot yourself something flameblast is kinda good at.
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Elemental reflect is no problem with 4% instant leech/vaal pact. You can argue about if you should have to take all those measures but it's not insurmountable is all I'm saying. Two darks is just easy way.

Vaal Pact doesn't work if you do enough damage to 1 shot yourself something flameblast is kinda good at.

I never did when echo worked a 7L PoH like two patches ago. Had crazy dps and GG gear. Just had VP, ran warlords curse and LL gem in Pledge.
Git R Dun!
"
Boem wrote:
No leach for chaos damage.

Yes, get your potions ready!

And some chaos resistance affix will do :p

Peace,

-Boem-

Just make Chaos immune monsters. After all, we can be CI why not monsters?

If about 1/20 monster you ran into were CI that would put a serious damper on playing all chaos all the time.

No reflect issues but you can only kill 19 out of 20 monsters.

I like stuff like this with big pros and big cons.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 6, 2016, 10:54:44 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I never did when echo worked a 7L PoH like two patches ago. Had crazy dps and GG gear. Just had VP, ran warlords curse and LL gem in Pledge.

Also depends whether you play in parties or not, since max reflected dmg is limited by mob's hp. In parties you often never even see the reflect aura so you are almost guaranteed to hit it.

So, for example, if while soloing Flameblast on a rare reflect increased hp golem takes half your life away, in a party this would be a RIP.

If you can't kill yourself with 100% fire damage on reflect rare in a full party on a max charged flameblast, either you boosted max fire res, or you just deal too low damage.

Darks are just the most efficient way to negate that, boosting fire res lowers your potential damage, using Darks on the other hand increases it.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on May 6, 2016, 11:15:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info