will we ever run out of ideas? the real question is... will the game survive based on difficulty?

im sure lots of us would be able to come up with ideas, ideas that could take everywhere from min -> hours -> days -> weeks -> mounths to implement, one of the bigger problem is ofcourse the budget and popularity of the game.
suggestion
as mentioned before, difficult contents attract the best and most hardcore of gamers, if we prioritized difficulty with less simplisity, improving the graphics, story line and things poe currently struggles with it could drag the attention of some that are automatically turned of by the current state of the game or who left long ago because of whatever reason.
there are alot of features we need that are yet to be added.
we have had a couple of leagues in the past and im sure there will be a part 2 of some of them.
as for custom made leagues and such i belieave there will allways be things done.

what makes others game more successful? it depends. graphics, story, difficulty... some of the things PoE doesn't have.
if we would slightly change our direction and start focusing on these, how will the game turn out?
i belieave we will slow down the quantity of which new contents are being added but aslong as people don't get bored by that fact graphics, story and difficulty would make the game better, free advertisment and stuff...

Graphics are the factor that decides how visually pleasing the game is just by looking at a min or a few of gameplay or like a remade trailer. this would be perfect if a game based on gameplay and creativity would be lacking this element, it would lose one of it's weaknesses.

Story is usually something that doesn't intrest everyone and usually is there for thos who try to find it, if we have a good story or some kind of diablo 3 inspired cutscene system and we put more effort into giving first walkthrought's more energy into it, it would keep players inspired even tho the gameplay is currently a little but ruff early on and because of the first factor demotivating our eyes to stay open.

Difficulty is what determines the kind of community we would get, hardcore gamers would be more critical on new updates ofcourse and could cause a little bit of problem but they could also offer an opportunity not worth missing. twitch, youtube, twitter or anything similar would become the main sorce of increasing popularity where the hardcore gamers reviews and advertisment would say:"hey i found this super difficult game that is unbeatable and very competetive and im trying to become the best, come join me now!" or something like that... i dunno, im not a hardcore gamer so i wouldn't know what they would say.

Bonus! eastereggs are another element of a good game, allways hunting for an easteregg related to something you are familiar with or just by mistake running across something saying: "wow that's clever... the hunt for eastereggs begins!" <-uhhh... dunno about that last part but still, wouldn't it be awsome to find something you can relate to as a new player who doesn't know anything about the game? i think so
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Last edited by VoidExilePoE on May 5, 2016, 11:48:09 AM
Last bumped on May 8, 2016, 2:41:56 AM
What game are you describing? Doesn't sound like this one.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
What game are you describing? Doesn't sound like this one.
explain why
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Hopefully we won't get higher level content in the future but instead real content with real mechanics .
R.I.P 4.B.
Well According to GM's they have idea's for another 10 acts or so.Problem why a lot of people gets bored are cause every H&S title are repetitive.

Thing for me are before i kinda feel the still have work on the current acts mainly labyrinth.
Kinda need balancing.Normal Lab has 2 floors,Cruel 4 floors,Merciless 6'floors.Thats already way better as then Normal 1 boss.cruel 2.Merc 3 specially with the amount of dc's a day.

Then the Lab rewards would be better if its awarded time based (bronze,silver,gold you get x,y,x rewards 5 different types per Bronze,Silver,Gold)as some may get 100x rewards and some will get non.This will also motivate people to actually do Lab as its kinda boring at the moment atm.For instance my Maurds full tank build i first made Lab on lvl 37 quite easily but it took me ages on bosses.Maurd can't compete with a full dps build.Even on end of Cruel my Maurd hardly goes below 50% hp

Now i compared my sin vs my Maurd on normal and it took me half the time to fin Normal.Altho i will struggle a lot more on cruel i will also make it in half the time.

Now every Difficulty should have different quest and or Random quest cept for your main quest that should be linear and also a more variety of quests.There are a million different quest out there from Killing stuff to farming flowers etc etc.

That's just my opinion on my Experience being a newby Maurd -_-
"
Chiname wrote:

Now every Difficulty should have different quest and or Random quest cept for your main quest that should be linear and also a more variety of quests.There are a million different quest out there from Killing stuff to farming flowers etc etc.

I'd rather not farm flowers tyvm. Thanks for your feedback nonetheless :)
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
"
WARPAINTER wrote:
I'd rather not farm flowers tyvm. Thanks for your feedback nonetheless :)

Don't trample on the dream to farm death blossoms.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
A whole lot of words
im sure lots of us would be able to come up with ideas, ideas that could take everywhere from min -> hours -> days -> weeks -> mounths to implement, one of the bigger problem is ofcourse the budget and popularity of the game.
suggestion
as mentioned before, difficult contents attract the best and most hardcore of gamers, if we prioritized difficulty with less simplisity, improving the graphics, story line and things poe currently struggles with it could drag the attention of some that are automatically turned of by the current state of the game or who left long ago because of whatever reason.
there are alot of features we need that are yet to be added.
we have had a couple of leagues in the past and im sure there will be a part 2 of some of them.
as for custom made leagues and such i belieave there will allways be things done.

what makes others game more successful? it depends. graphics, story, difficulty... some of the things PoE doesn't have.
if we would slightly change our direction and start focusing on these, how will the game turn out?
i belieave we will slow down the quantity of which new contents are being added but aslong as people don't get bored by that fact graphics, story and difficulty would make the game better, free advertisment and stuff...

Graphics are the factor that decides how visually pleasing the game is just by looking at a min or a few of gameplay or like a remade trailer. this would be perfect if a game based on gameplay and creativity would be lacking this element, it would lose one of it's weaknesses.

Story is usually something that doesn't intrest everyone and usually is there for thos who try to find it, if we have a good story or some kind of diablo 3 inspired cutscene system and we put more effort into giving first walkthrought's more energy into it, it would keep players inspired even tho the gameplay is currently a little but ruff early on and because of the first factor demotivating our eyes to stay open.

Difficulty is what determines the kind of community we would get, hardcore gamers would be more critical on new updates ofcourse and could cause a little bit of problem but they could also offer an opportunity not worth missing. twitch, youtube, twitter or anything similar would become the main sorce of increasing popularity where the hardcore gamers reviews and advertisment would say:"hey i found this super difficult game that is unbeatable and very competetive and im trying to become the best, come join me now!" or something like that... i dunno, im not a hardcore gamer so i wouldn't know what they would say.

Bonus! eastereggs are another element of a good game, allways hunting for an easteregg related to something you are familiar with or just by mistake running across something saying: "wow that's clever... the hunt for eastereggs begins!" <-uhhh... dunno about that last part but still, wouldn't it be awsome to find something you can relate to as a new player who doesn't know anything about the game? i think so

I think a summary of this might be:
  • Everyone has an idea on how to make Path of Exile better, here are mine.
  • More graphics would be good for Path of Exile.
  • Slowing down development of new content to focus on improving graphics is one way to do this.
  • Add more story to Path of Exile
  • More story with cutscenes to enhance the players experience of the story.
  • Early game is rough and a story with cutscenes will make this better for the beginning player.
  • Hardcore (serious/dedicated) players would be harsh and critical of Path of Exile, but also encourage other people to play and promote Path of Exile online.
  • Easter eggs!
  • Whoops, forgot one: Make the game harder and more complicated to bring in hardcore (serious/dedicated) players.

Except I think most of these already exist in Path of Exile.
I mean, I've always thought of Path of Exile as being more of a history than a story or rather, the story is that of Wraeclast itself and the player is simply a very brutal tourist.
Like Crocodile Dundee but with a bigger knife and a less balanced mental state.
There are already unknown crafting recipes and Darkshrine rewards and interactions that are yet to be discovered or understood.
While more is usually better, there are some limitations to that philosophy.

And to answer the questions in the thread title: No, and yes.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
And they say *I* am pleonastic...

Pleonastic.
Huh, hadn't seen that word before; nifty.
I tend to stick with verbose myself though.

Oh! Had to double-check the spelling but would "logorrheic" be suitable to describe the original post or is that too much?

"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on May 6, 2016, 5:51:24 AM
So i will try to post some rational thought´s but most likely my own.

Graphic: Personally, i prefer a simple but capeable graphic, meaning it can handle a lot of effekt´s. I´m ok with how it currently look´s and to pleese my eye´s is not the reason why i play poe. If that´s anyone´s intention, then arpg´s don´t stand a chance anyways. There engine simply can´t get better, i quess.

We don´t have to forget that poe is published in a lot of ""second world countries?"", so is it realy that important for the overall succes?

Story: I think, the presentation is more important than a deep story.
Let´s take ""Terminator movie´s"" as an example, nobody ask´s themself why the whole plot is based on a time-paradox and the movie´s don´t explain on which theory timeline´s behave.
The first movie tell´s explizit, the timetravler need´s flesh around, the second Terminator doesnt have flesh. Yada,yada,yada ...

I would say, Act 3-4 already does a good job of presentation, you fight important lore charakter´s, you can listen up why they can be considerd evil and there motivation´s ( not beeing evil for the sake of beeing evil). Act 1-2/5, chaising piety feel´s a bit weak and mervil and vaaloversoul doesn´t have the same ""weight"" of the other endbosses.

Difficulty: I wrote that somewhere else, but basicly it sums up to given option´s for task´s. It should be in Balance. 100 task´s with 1-2 Option´s(dps or dodge)isn´t challenging. 100 option´s for 1-2(all Mobs do the same) task´s is redundant.
So to improve ""difficulty"" we need more Charakter-development(option´s) and more Mob variety(task´s).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info