An Interview with our Animation Department

"
deadlock911 wrote:
Maybe these were the wrong people to ask, but i'm confused why the perandus pack animation wasn't mentioned here. Maybe under unexpected challenges? It is clearly the biggest animation problem in recent times...perhaps even the history on the game

"
where is the question about when and how will fix the lagging how will fix those graphics?

Ya I dont think these are the people, there is no perandus pack animation as far as I am aware. The perandus packs use existing monstertypes, they did not make new monsters with new animations for perandus, its all existing monsters with their existing animations.

I think you guys are talking about the effects on them, the glows etc? Thats not animation afaik, animation is taking the models and making them walk, jump, swing their arms etc. The effects on the perandus mobs are done, i presume, by the effects artists, its a totally different thing.

They are really bad too, the lag on perandus mobs is ridiculous. Whoever makes the effects at GGG needs to realise they are using like 10x as many particles or whatever as they should be and its fucking up the entire games performance. I literally died multiple times to effects artists not being able to understand the concept of overloading peoples computers, if it happens again with future content I think we need to have some serious complaint threads in the feedback forum until they get their shit together tbh.

You guys need to work out how much shit your engine can handle without stuttering then limit the total effects used by massive packs being destroyed by multiple players using effects heavy skills to something that actually works on peoples computers.

no people pics?

Bex... I am disappointed...

Smiling faces please!
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
"
But my absolute favourite stuff I can't talk about. It's secret. But it's awesome.

:D
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
An interesting post to read, I was wondering if there would be one for the game programmers? I would really like to hear what they have to say, if it's possible! Thanks.
"You are a miracle, beloved. You are also a masochist and possibly an idiot. But you're my idiot." - Oni-Goroshi

- Iniquitous_
Love how they phrased their coming to work for GGG seem like it wasn't their prime choice lol.

Guess Bungie, Blizzard and whatnot can't take everyone.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on May 5, 2016, 12:36:39 PM
lol is this the guy we have to thank for the thoughtless FPS dropping packs in these silly new leagues ?

here's a tip, don't do anything to crazy, these 3rd world servers can't handle too much.
Good stuff. I studied 3D animation myself and I can understand how painful and boring creating animations can be and I don't envy anyone that has to make a couple of different variations of what is essentially the same thing.

That said, I really hope you will rework the running animations of all characters while holding weapons. Most of them look stiff, especially Marauder and Duelist while holding a 2-handed sword or axe/mace and some of them look silly, (duelist's head moves back and forth like a chicken's when running with a bow).

Cant wait for the interview chat with the balancing department........
I only have read half of them i will read all of the comments, thanks so share tooths i know i can be rude sometimes but i know that we are all people that play and work and people that work and play and the last one that play & play :)

My fav song for when im playing Path Of Exile ;)

Metallica - Enter Sandman
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on May 5, 2016, 3:33:06 PM
Get a new Job to be honest. Making mindless bling bling cluttering whole screens in special effects ignoring the engines abilites is a failure not design/animation :/.
Ingame @FlubbyEverywhere domination or @Flubbyy default
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
Last edited by Flubby on May 5, 2016, 4:19:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info