ggg likes their game more than their players?

Of all the crapstorm of issues with threads in this forum, you pick THIS ONE to respond to verbosely?

Now I know you're a bunch of trolls, GGG
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I feel the same mindset behind putting a urinal on a pedestal and calling it art is also behind giving every kid a medal regardless of how well they did. There's something sinister about the trend to refuse to differentiate between the wondrous and the shitty (perhaps literally, as far as art goes).

As far as I'm concerned, the definition of art should include the concept of beauty, and the concept of product should include the concept of utility (not necessarily trade).

Um, no. Things that are not considered beautiful can (and are) be taken as art. Your statement to me means as much:
- Product should include concept of utility
- Art must be beautiful, so people can enjoy it. Therefore, it needs to have utility, so it might as well just be a product

From what I've heard from friend of mine, there is countless number of definitions of art. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that what art is, or isn't is pretty subjective. :P

"
joachimbond wrote:
Of all the crapstorm of issues with threads in this forum, you pick THIS ONE to respond to verbosely?

Now I know you're a bunch of trolls, GGG

There is nothing to respond to. :P OP is just unhappy about the graphical style. How could GGG possibly respond, and not add fuel to OP's fire?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:

There is nothing to respond to. :P OP is just unhappy about the graphical style. How could GGG possibly respond, and not add fuel to OP's fire?

You're such a pro at missing the point, I am sometimes amazed when you turn that skill in my direction.

I was saying, if GGG is finding it hard to make time to address all of the concerns in the feedback forum, how is it that they find the time to post MULTIPLE TIMES in this barely-relevant thread?

There... misinterpret that!
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on May 11, 2016, 2:02:39 AM
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

You're such a pro at missing the point, I am sometimes amazed when you turn that skill in my direction.

I was saying, if GGG is finding it hard to make time to address all of the concerns in the feedback forum, how is it that they find the time to post MULTIPLE TIMES in this barely-relevant thread?

Well, I think this is the time you get to know about something - GGG read those threads.
My assumption would be is that they simply do not find anything to respond to, because, as I said - any response from GGG would only fuel the fire of people inside such threads.

And no, that wasn't misinterpretation. I just left you some space to connect the dots. Seems I have left you with too many DoTs. Now, I'm going to give you fewer dots to connect - hope you'll succed this time! :P

Ps. Don't get so serious, buddy. I know asking something like this from you might be in vain, but I'm gonna try :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
joachimbond wrote:

GGG Staff members are humans. That means that sometimes they need to take a break from work. Perhaps you think they should be working 18 hours a day in slave labour mines producing us update after update until they collapse from exhaustion (Or blood loss from all the whipping.) But most people realise it's ok to take a break.
And opinions aside, research has shown that it is good for workers to be relaxed and happy at their job, since it actually increases productivity overall.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on May 11, 2016, 2:50:52 AM
Furthermore, devs read these feedback threads in silence for a *reason.*

The moment they poke their head in and post, it changes the entire dynamic and flow of a thread, making it much less useful to them, ultimately, as a source of feedback.

You should be happy the more serious threads don't have any GGG posts in them. It's an indication they are taking that thread seriously, and watching where it goes instead.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
pandasplaying wrote:

also i don't believe criticizing art or valuing one artwork over another is ever worth doing. if an artist says an art work is complete, then it's the way they want it to be. maybe it doesn't match all of the highest standards for the category of art it fits into, but should every work of art match the traditional standards? i'd rather artists make their work as they want it to be, and for it to be acknowledged as it's own unique piece of art not being compared to anything.

I agree with the second half of this, but I don't think taking all value judgments off the table will give you what you want. How can you ever call something beautiful without acknowledging that beauty is not merely subjective; it is also relative? Furthermore, if we were all to agree that all art is equally worthy, why bother trying to get better at your field? In the end, what you produce would be equally valuable regardless.

On topic: MTXs are indeed too expensive, but I've never bitched about it, because it's GGG's business, their ledger, what the market will bear, and all that. If they're able to stay in business despite (or because of) overpricing their MTXs, more power to them! But I think there are very good reasons that stash tabs are their most popular MTX, and it being the only pay2win MTX is not necessarily the most important one.

I haven't bought ANY* aesthetic microtransactions, because I don't feel that the value added is worth what they ask. If they were priced much more reasonably (at about 25% of their current prices or less, by my valuing), I probably would have spent quite a bit on them over the course of 3+ years of playing. Maybe even $100 or $200 worth. So in my case at least, it was an unprofitable business tactic to price them so high. The question is, am I an outlier? If not, then how common are people like me? Figuring that out is a job for whomever handles business strategy at GGG. ;)

*OK, I admit it, I bought the Formosan bear, because he's so ridiculously cute! And because I have a weak spot for bears and pandas. BUT THAT'S THE ONLY EXCEPTION.

artists may try to get better in their field for many reasons, but i don't think their worry over being criticized should be one of them. if an artist thought any art they produced would be less scrutinized then they might be more willing to experiment with their work and produce art they wanted to make instead of art they felt forced to make to meet some standards. imagine the freedom artists felt when they decided to do abstract art? they could literally throw paint at canvas and be satisfied with any results, because their intent was to produce abstract art. imagine if artists drawing inspiration from other art styles had the same freedom to do what they wanted with no regard for how it would be criticized. maybe some do for practice, but i imagine many artists are likely compelled to conform to the standards they learn. i don't think art produced to please the viewer is always as good as art produced to express the artists intent or vision.
Last edited by pandasplaying on May 11, 2016, 3:19:55 AM
so why doesn't GGG respond directly to the topic of the thread? they replied to an unrelated subject.
"
pandasplaying wrote:
artists may try to get better in their field for many reasons, but i don't think their worry over being criticized should be one of them. if an artist thought any art they produced would be less scrutinized then they might be more willing to experiment with their work and produce art they wanted to make instead of art they felt forced to make to meet some standards. imagine the freedom artists felt when they decided to do abstract art? they could literally throw paint at canvas and be satisfied with any results, because their intent was to produce abstract art. imagine if artists drawing inspiration from other art styles had the same freedom to do what they wanted with no regard for how it would be criticized. maybe some do for practice, but i imagine many artists are likely compelled to conform to the standards they learn. i don't think art produced to please the viewer is always as good as art produced to express the artists intent or vision.
Warning, overgeneralizations ahead:

While new freedoms do feel good for artists, I think in general new freedoms are the flair or shimmer on the larger structures of rules beneath them. You can't have art without rules, because art without rules can't be done poorly, and good art is by definition art that is not done poorly. Abstract art has different rules from representative art, but it still has rules. E.g. a lot of splatter-painting is not good splatter-painting, and some skills from other painting methods carry over into that style because their rulesets overlap to some degree.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
If poe is art and then can be criticized, why is GGG so mad when people critics their works?
Yes some critic are almost close to insults but isn t it the artist fate to be surrounded by people not understanding them?

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info