A thread for stupid things to say which sound really smart

Well yea hes probably meaning "I right about this and don't question it you imbecile" but we don't live in a Marxist hellhole like North Korea, yet.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Obama says it all the time "right (or wrong) side of history" empty meaningless prattle. History has no sides. History flows onwards. Sometimes pretty sometimes very ugly.

If we start quoting polititians, we'll quickly run out of forum space.

Ontopic: All the stupid inspirational quotes used by fitness enthusiasts. 'No pain - no gain', 'never give up', 'what's your excuse?', etc. etc.

They trigger me so fucking hard.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 5, 2016, 8:09:40 AM
Truth and light share a common property, both are easily deformed by the attributes that try to capture them.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
If you aren't right about something, are you left about it then?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
If dogs truly resemble their masters it would mean that most humans want to

-eat
-sleep
-lick their own balls
-chase their own tail

Sounds about right.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Bars wrote:
All the stupid inspirational quotes used by fitness enthusiasts. 'No pain - no gain', 'never give up', 'what's your excuse?', etc. etc.

They trigger me so fucking hard.
Reminds me of "110% effort." (Thank fuck Sterling Archer says something slightly different in Season 7.)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
History has no sides.
You're making the capital error of confusing history with the past.

lol. If I think I float and you think I float, then it happens. Maybe one for the opposite of this thread.

Anything which includes the idiom 'common sense'.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
I would not miss it for the world. But if something else came up I would definitely not go.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
History has no sides.
You're making the capital error of confusing history with the past.
lol. If I think I float and you think I float, then it happens. Maybe one for the opposite of this thread.
My point is that, if I didn't float but all the books say I floated, then all the books say I floated.

History is a story - sometimes true, never complete, and always selective in terms of what it deems important enough to mention.

I don't think the Obama quote is stupid at all.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 5, 2016, 5:31:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info