Labyrinth, movespeed and movement skills

did lab yesterday on a hc legacy char to test my 12 juwel socket beacon build for 2 week

stacked all shitty ms uniques and was suprised it turned an ohohoh i will die in yolo just run through it

i hate lab so much have to worry about so many things in maps on top of that i have to fear a 85+ can die in a 30 zone in seconds such a dumb design
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on May 5, 2016, 7:02:04 AM
"
ventiman wrote:

i hate lab so much have to worry about so many things in maps on top of that i have to fear a 85+ can die in a 30 zone in seconds such a dumb design

Making the Lab mandatory in order to get Ascendancy points was GGG's biggest mistake of the last half a year probably. Especially for HC.

Take Atziri for example - you can totally play the game just fine without fighting her once. Even if you need a unique from her - always an option to just buy it. Your experience is not degraded in any way by not encountering her. Which is great.

Ascendancy? Completely different story - most subclass abilities present an unprecedented amount of power / defense / utility, so without them your build is gimped by default.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on May 5, 2016, 7:31:20 AM
exactly some build ideas are gated behind acendancy points and that should never be the case
Last edited by ventiman on May 5, 2016, 8:09:19 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
exactly some build ideas are gated behind acendancy points and that should never be the case

Yep just like I said.

Still waiting for that kid to do cover his own mouth tho.

Still waiting for that marauder 2 minute run he said he could do.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:

Yep just like I said.

Still waiting for that kid to do cover his own mouth tho.

Still waiting for that marauder 2 minute run he said he could do.

He said it could be done not that he was going to waste time doing it
If GGG wanted a purely different experience (trap dodge) they could just have all chars enter lab naked and design around that. I don't have much movement speed (nor have I bothered to understand the details of lab) but I have high mitigation and regen and I just run through with little difficulty.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
If GGG wanted a purely different experience (trap dodge) they could just have all chars enter lab naked and design around that. I don't have much movement speed (nor have I bothered to understand the details of lab) but I have high mitigation and regen and I just run through with little difficulty.

All u need is runspeed my guardian could tank and solo highmaps but had low ms so i lost him to a bad trap sequence...he wasnt fast enough my summoner has bad shitrares but way more movementspeed
And no problems at all
Last edited by ventiman on May 6, 2016, 12:50:06 AM
Also, forget 400% movement speed, 900% is where its at now
Lab in under one minute incoming
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on May 6, 2016, 4:36:54 AM
"
Shajirr wrote:
Also, forget 400% movement speed, 900% is where its at now
Lab in under one minute incoming

Wow nice, another pathfinder.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Shajirr wrote:
Isn't the whole point of Labyrinth is somewhat defeated by not placing restrictions on the characters running it?

Currently we have a Labyrinth full of traps that deal damage proportionally to the player's health, so you can't just blast through them by having a really high EHP. That design pit was avoided.

However, allowing the use of movement skills and not capping the movespeed was an enormous mistake. This is where Lab design falls short.
I don't really see how ignoring *more* of a player's build would make the lab a better ARPG experience. If anything, I'm inclined to think it's a design pit the other way - having basically every trap be percentage-based essentially nullifies aspects of player's builds, nullifying investment into max Life (and putting the focus more on % life regen).

Don't get me wrong: I think one of the six traps should be based on % maximum Life/ES. Maybe even two. But making ALL of them that way makes it so, instead of having particular traps a build worries about, you have builds which worry about every single trap vs builds which give no fucks about any of them.

I really think GGG should redesign the traps. They aren't really indicative of a good effort, and hell, three of the six traps are virtually identical anyway.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info