Build suggestion request for Atziri's Disfavour

Hello there,

Bored of my Disfavour Cyclone build and looking for something fun to try for end of the league. Any build suggestions? Perhaps Earthquake (or is Marohi just a better option?) or Cleave? Or something stranger like Firestorm?

I've also got a budget of about 7 ex on top of that axe (plus have a fair number of items to make a build work, so cost isn't a huge issue as I already have my 6L)

Any ideas?
Last bumped on May 3, 2016, 1:51:26 PM
Make an earthquake bleeder, I got half a spec on one char and it has serious potential, I think it will be strong if taken all the way.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
well

this is a melee weapon so you have two options: go with the FOTM overpowered stuff (cyclone, EQ) or be sorely disappointed.

sadly.

cyclone is just miles ahead of other options once you only need to touch an enemy for him to die. EQ is brutally powerful - a skill designed to just dwarf everything else. other options are way weaker

people might say Sunder is ok - but it really isnt. it is very thin so dealing with sparse mobs is tedious and slow. big packs evaporate but you want to kill most of the mobs in the map arent you.

spectral throw + duelist bleed ascendancy (gratuitous violence?) + AOE + phys damage might be what you are looking for. bleeding is far stronger than people think.

note however: it wont be more efficient than spin to win
Thanks for the suggestions - I'm really torn actually between trying the FOTM EQ with a bleed twist (even just thrown in a carcass jack 5l as an second attack on my cycloner it is ridiculous) or something more hipstery like spectral throw bleed or a firestormer. I'll probably toss a coin, as hipstery builds are fun to make, but its always hard to not want the ridiculous clear speed of FOTM =\
Well, both options have merits and flaws.

ST is faster, has better range and better double dipping options with projectile damage than EQ. On the other hand, EQ has much higher base and no double dipping penalties like ST has in compulsory multiprojectile gems.

Yeah, I agree with you on the fact that ST and EQ both have some definite pros and cons.

In the end, I think I'll try out EQ just because I rarely play melee builds, and even less often do those melee builds have much AOE (aside from Reave). EQ really benefits from a high base weapon damage, and I could more easily apply a bleed by Leap Slamming into packs and then have Bloodlust linked into my EQ than I could apply a bleed at range and still use bloodlust on ST.
Well, if you go ST and decide on projectile damage scaling you can stick poison in there too, should be fun. Maybe crit disfavour with Assassin, Dirty techs and the ascendancy bonus might save you a support slot for poison and crits go well with bleed.

If you need a strong close range single target give ST-slowproj-pointblank a shot, not really good for catching tormented spirits or anything that moves around a lot but it's crazy good for targets that mostly stay still.

Last edited by raics on May 3, 2016, 1:14:51 PM
Earthquake - not terrible, but nothing special.
Cyclone - meh before nerf, complete rubbish after nerf.
ST with Gladiator bleed - meh.
Everything else - don't even bother.
Temp chain support

All curse effect nodes

Tempchain-Empower-enhance-blashemy-aoe-enfeeble
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
ventiman wrote:
Temp chain support

All curse effect nodes

Tempchain-Empower-enhance-blashemy-aoe-enfeeble

Haha, this would be pretty entertaining as a support, but I solo, so wouldn't really get much use from it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info