Please buff exp gained from red maps or lower exp in yellow maps

It's kinda shame that most meta builds will have better exp/hour on good layouts yellow maps than on 20%+ packize red maps.Kinda doing red maps feels pointless now,first you need to spend a lot of currency to sustain them(to roll at least double packsize),second they are way harder with higher chance for rip,third,temporal chains/enfeble/monster life are pretty common modes on them and they reduce your clear speed a lot.
In PHC i think i have never seen t13+ map rotation on noticeboard or global chat,only what i have seen are gorge/plateau rotations all the time.
I think that encouraging mindless blue gorges farming over doing hard t13+ is lame.
At lv 99 in PHC,i had better exp/hour doin blue gorges/arid lakes/plateus/springs then on double packsize t14+ with added beyond,that simply feels wrong.
Last edited by And1111 on May 3, 2016, 10:16:36 AM
Last bumped on May 4, 2016, 2:40:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
its because they nerfed the red map XP too hard, yellow maps dont need nerfed any harder as those are the maps people should be running most of the time, keep in mind red maps are designed to be very difficult to sustain.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
its because they nerfed the red map XP too hard, yellow maps dont need nerfed any harder as those are the maps people should be running most of the time, keep in mind red maps are designed to be very difficult to sustain.

That's the problem.They are hard to sustain,that means that one must spend a lot of currency to this.
But question is,for what,when you will get better or similar exp in cheap good layout yellow maps?
So basicly,you will get same or better exp doin cheap/easy content than hard/expensive content.
It doesnt makes any sense.
A lot about the map system doesn't exactly make a lot of sense.

Challenging content in this game is supposed to be gated by RNG, btw.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Oh I never realized the game was supposed to be played in a certain way , I was under the illusion that one can expect to get higher exp from higher level maps lol .
R.I.P 4.B.
The only thing they should do is improve the layouts of the T14/T15 maps.

"
And1111 wrote:

At lv 99 in PHC,i had better exp/hour doin blue gorges/arid lakes/plateus/springs then on double packsize t14+ with added beyond,that simply feels wrong.

It depends on the build, tho. With a slow or low damage build, yellow maps gave me good xp, but damage dropped off badly in red maps and xp/h was not much better. But with a very strong build, red maps gave me clearly better xp than Plateau/Gorge/etc.

Last edited by toyotatundra on May 3, 2016, 1:24:45 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
The only thing they should do is improve the layouts of the T14/T15 maps.

"
And1111 wrote:

It depends on the build, tho. With a slow or low damage build, yellow maps gave me good xp, but damage dropped off badly in red maps and xp/h was not much better. But with a very strong build, red maps gave me clearly better xp than Plateau/Gorge/etc.

Pretty much every leauge i play the strongest builds with the best gear in current meta.This leauge it was 2h rt eq with 6L disfavor,30%reduced devoto devotion and other gg gear,build cleras insanely fast,so clearspeed and build is not mine problem.At lv 95+ try to chain red maps,observe the currency you spent on them and how many xp/hours you're getting.Then try to chain gorge/plateaus.You will 100% get same or better exp on gorge/plateaus,not to mention you dont need to spend 10c+ minimum to sustain them like when doing red maps.
Last edited by And1111 on May 3, 2016, 6:05:38 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:02:11 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
T14/15 should still meet or exceed xp/hour gained in Plateau chains at level 99. With the low cost of T14/15 this league and the high price for gorge/plateau I think the chaos/xp rate is fairly similar between the two at the moment, but I can't say I've done a detailed analysis of the relative cost.

Gorge/plateau win out primarily for one reason: safety. You can also factor in the ease of finding a gorge rotation compared to a T14+ rotation, but that's more of a social construct than a factor inherent to their design.

For example t14 maps in PHC are 20c.Add 4 chisels,3 sacrifice pieces and anarchy or beyond,thats allready 7-9 more c.Add around 10c to roll safe(HC) double packsize on it,we are allready at 35-40c.Gorge price in phc is 4c.so basicly i can run 8-10 gorges for cost of buying and rolling 1 t14 and i will get better exp.
Not to mention,there is almost no chance i can die in blue gorge,even from dc or crashes and similar.
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
T14/15 should still meet or exceed xp/hour gained in Plateau chains at level 99. With the low cost of T14/15 this league and the high price for gorge/plateau I think the chaos/xp rate is fairly similar between the two at the moment, but I can't say I've done a detailed analysis of the relative cost.

Gorge/plateau win out primarily for one reason: safety. You can also factor in the ease of finding a gorge rotation compared to a T14+ rotation, but that's more of a social construct than a factor inherent to their design.

For example t14 maps in PHC are 20c.Add 4 chisels,3 sacrifice pieces and anarchy or beyond,thats allready 7-9 more c.Add around 10c to roll safe(HC) double packsize on it,we are allready at 35-40c.Gorge price in phc is 4c.so basicly i can run 8-10 gorges for cost of buying and rolling 1 t14 and i will get better exp.
Not to mention,there is almost no chance i can die in blue gorge,even from dc or crashes and similar.

Wait, why are you putting all that stuff on the maps? I mean in regards to t14/15 being cheap this league.

I agree with you btw about the thread. The problem is even Colosseum doesn't have a nice linear layout for speed. That's the main draw IMO with gorge/plateau. I actually don't think they're the safest relative to other map of the same tier.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info