Fun, weird or simply random builds

Recently I find more and more unique items that look like they could enable some quite funny or weird, yet decently effective builds.
Thus I got the idea for this thread: why not just write build ideas about more or less useless or simply underrated uniques here and test them or let them be tested?

That way people who seek some unusual build ideas and other people who just want to have fun by playing a different build can try these out and write how good or not they worked.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the most interesting builds here!

Well then, here as an example, one of my aforementioned ideas: Dual wield Rive assassin, for more randomness throw in Might in all forms or Growing Agony for Bloodlust multisplash Viper Strike.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last bumped on May 3, 2016, 9:53:37 AM
Been testing the unusual utility of this branch. Fun.

"
B34C0N wrote:
Been testing the unusual utility of this branch. Fun.

Yeah, traps are fun! They can get really weird though if you use sunblast and 2 cheap construction... they'll instantly trigger the moment they become armed!
Sire of Shards always gets me thinking of a build. One of these days.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Why not use sire of shards together with rain of splinters to turn fire totems into fire nova totems?
Rain of splinters is chosen over LMP here because it's "reduced" instead of "less" damage. This means that it's an additive modifier rather than a multiplicative one, giving you higher overall dps, even with a bad roll.
Sire of shards dom blow is the build you're looking for, its fun but good luck doing anything higher than tier 1 ^.^
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Why not use sire of shards together with rain of splinters to turn fire totems into fire nova totems?
Rain of splinters is chosen over LMP here because it's "reduced" instead of "less" damage. This means that it's an additive modifier rather than a multiplicative one, giving you higher overall dps, even with a bad roll.

Sire of shards+flame totem is literrly what the unique was built for , I wouldn't call that fun and werid or simply random.
"
SierraT wrote:
Sire of shards+flame totem is literrly what the unique was built for , I wouldn't call that fun and werid or simply random.

Hmmm... Sire of shards spell totem chain/fork EK then? Or rain of splinters spell totem freezing pulse? Or since we're talking about weird here... magma orb totem? Ice spear? Arctic breath? Damn, there's just so much you can do with it...
Sire of shard + Molten strike + Added chaos damage + conc effect + multi strike + slower projectile or something else -poison-

It needs point blank node and projectile damage nodes.

200 K dps is reachable , with a 30K tooltip or lower

Same concept is doable with frost blade but the monotarget dps is so bad you will hang yourself.

ST/ LS do not scale on the number of projectiles so it's not that good.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 2, 2016, 11:07:22 PM
Sire + Empire + BL + knockback + anything_else_fitting?
Will Sire even work with BL, I wonder?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info