Changes to the Two-Week Competitive Perandus Events - Place your votes!

Although almost all of our resource are allocated to finishing off the upcoming 2.3.0 release, we've invested some time working out what options are viable for this event. We have put together some choices that you can vote on in a community poll over the next 48 hours.

Rather than putting all of the options in one big poll, we've split them into several separate polls for fairness. That way we don't have 13 different league options competing against a Flashback event with equal weighting.

The first poll is whether the events should be changed from their currently planned state. While there was a lot of feedback that players want the events to be more challenging, we don't know what portion of the playerbase this represents. If more than 50% of people want the events to stay unchanged then the process will end here. If a majority want the events to change, we'll go to the results of the second poll.

The second poll establishes what type of events you'd like to see run. In all cases they'll still be Perandus events with the same prize structure, but there are several options of how we can modify them to make them more challenging.

The first option is to disable parties in the events, making them essentially solo self-found leagues. This would definitely raise the difficulty of the events as players are unable to rely on trade to improve their items. We're typically hesitant about applying this mod to substantial events because of negative feedback about it in the past. The game is a lot harder when you have to live entirely off the land.

The second option is to add a specific schedule of Flashback Mods. The proposed schedule is as follows:
  • Day 1: Perandus, Warbands, Ambush, Anarchy
  • Day 2: Perandus, Warbands, Ambush, Anarchy
  • Day 3: Perandus, Nemesis, Bloodlines, Domination
  • Day 4: Perandus, Nemesis, Bloodlines, Domination
  • Day 5: Perandus, Nemesis, Bloodlines, Domination
  • Day 6: Perandus, Beyond, Torment, Invasion
  • Day 7: Perandus, Beyond, Torment, Invasion
  • Day 8: Perandus, Ambush, Anarchy, Domination, Invasion, Torment, Warbands, Onslaught
  • Day 9: Perandus, Ambush, Anarchy, Domination, Invasion, Torment, Warbands, Onslaught
  • Day 10: Perandus, Invasion, Ambush, Nemesis, Bloodlines
  • Day 11: Perandus, Invasion, Ambush, Nemesis, Bloodlines
  • Day 12: Perandus, Invasion, Ambush, Nemesis, Bloodlines
  • Day 13: Perandus, Torment, Anarchy, Warbands, Onslaught
  • Day 14: Perandus, Torment, Anarchy, Warbands, Onslaught
  • Day 15: Perandus, Ambush, Anarchy, Beyond, Bloodlines, Domination, Invasion, Nemesis, Onslaught, Rampage, Torment, Warbands
  • Day 16: Perandus, Ambush, Anarchy, Beyond, Bloodlines, Domination, Invasion, Nemesis, Onslaught, Rampage, Torment, Warbands

The third option is to add a single modifier for the entirety of the event. These options are:
  • Anarchy
  • Onslaught
  • Domination
  • Nemesis
  • Ambush
  • Invasion
  • Rampage
  • Beyond
  • Torment
  • Bloodlines
  • Warbands
  • Tempest
  • Talisman

If the Solo event or the Flashback event are picked in the second poll, then the process ends there. If the third option (adding a single modifier) is picked, then we'll examine the results of the third poll.

The polls are now closed! Here are the results:

As a side note, we wanted to confirm that the Demigods players will receive for being in the top 25 of each Ascendancy class will have their rank number on the item.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on May 3, 2016, 9:40:03 PM
Last bumped on May 10, 2016, 10:13:36 PM
It should be more challenging and SSF.

DO NOT VOTE BEYOND
IT IS A POINTLESS MECHANIC
BEYOND MOBS *DO NOT DROP MAPS*

If you want a challenge vote SSF. Do you honestly think beyond makes things harder? Beyond is a joke it's simply a waste of time because they no longer drop maps. Try not trading with other players or having your buddy kill malachai for you and see what happens.
No one cares about standard. It's literally a recycle bin, just press empty.
Last edited by Sfp4 on May 2, 2016, 11:49:41 AM
Zero Beyond pls.
Events! :P
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
this poll is a great idea, hope to see more of this in the future.
NO BALLS TO HOST BAKEDCHICKEN ON THE PODCAST

bakeddaddy > zebo use code "meme" if you agree xd
Woooot!! 2 weeks not enough!
slap on turbo on all of that.
so cool guys! :D i rly like it!
IGN : TwitchTV_Zyroxa
Sweet! Love the options for us to have. Very nice!
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
Last edited by jugglereli on May 2, 2016, 12:57:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info