Honest review right?

Well, almost everybody is able to drive a car without being an "hardcore" player, but try to figure out how to drive one without a "tutorial".

Game is not that hard, pretending that you have to not have a tutorial to have an hardcore game is ilarious. The guy probably isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but he just downloaded the game and tried to steps, it's not mandatory to fall in love with POE before knowing the game, and if you just play a clunky lvl 1 char without any clue in game about how to do stuff. you don't even understand how complex and fun the game can be, you just get pissed.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Just blame the lagfest perandus league, not the overall poe game, which has a ok difficulty progression. I mean, if he had created his char in standard, his review would have been different.

This is the review of a new player encountering perandus rape pack in the first area. And I understand his point (even if he could have put some more effort in overcoming his troubles).
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on May 3, 2016, 3:39:50 AM
Damn and i thought Chris and co was full of shit when they tried to say that a large % of players never make it past Hillock.. or very much further beyond that.. Guess that wasnt a joke...
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Good grief, yeah.. this is why we have Diablo 3.
#NeverGoing90
"
tacotiklah wrote:
Should the game have gotten a negative review? No, I don't think it should have. I think the guy should have stuck with it because this game is one where once you get past the initial learning rips, it gets more enjoyable each time you play. But I can totally understand where a brand new player could get decimated to the point of rage-quitting.
That's you saying. You, who already know this. The guy in question doesn't, and the game didn't give him a chance to discover it. So the game deserves this review. Even if it may look undeserved. Because from new player's point it is.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

At the rate we're going in 2020 PoE will have six mechanically distinct versions of fucking treasure chests.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 3, 2016, 11:23:15 AM
I remember one guy that sucked blizzard dick like hell - and actually "liked" D3 back when pretty much everybody but the most morbidly obese WoWdrone could agree that it was shit (hear its much better now) - tried this and with like 12 mins playtime said, and I quote, "it is shit, it doesnt even have quests"
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 3, 2016, 11:24:15 AM
The first time I played long ago my friend and I figured out how to party up but couldn't figure out why we couldn't see or play with each other. He asked in global chat and somebody taught us about instances and how to get into the same one. That was back in early open beta. I don't think it's gotten any better for players entering the game for the first time. But you have to think you're doing something wrong if something isn't "working" when you're in the very beginning of the game. You should try to find out what you're doing wrong before writing a review. The game would end at mudflats if nobody could get past the coast.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
silumit wrote:
"
tacotiklah wrote:
Should the game have gotten a negative review? No, I don't think it should have. I think the guy should have stuck with it because this game is one where once you get past the initial learning rips, it gets more enjoyable each time you play. But I can totally understand where a brand new player could get decimated to the point of rage-quitting.
That's you saying. You, who already know this. The guy in question doesn't, and the game didn't give him a chance to discover it. So the game deserves this review. Even if it may look undeserved. Because from new player's point it is.

A friend of mine and his companion quit Dark Souls instantly after choosing the way to the skeletons right at the beginning.
That does not mean the game desevers a bad review.. that's actually one thing that makes this game interesting.

When you get destroyed by Perandus mobs directly infront of the gate you should probably wonder if this is normal and find out what you can do about it. I think when you first start playing with default settings, you can't miss the global chat feature.
If they're not directly in front of the gate you can skip them and play it smart (after dying once or twice even).
Suggesting there's lvl 90 mobs all around lvl 2 areas because he personally could not handle it is just a lie and a pathetic review.
"
Disrupted wrote:
I remember one guy that sucked blizzard dick like hell - and actually "liked" D3 back when pretty much everybody but the most morbidly obese WoWdrone could agree that it was shit (hear its much better now) - tried this and with like 12 mins playtime said, and I quote, "it is shit, it doesnt even have quests"
See this right here?

Shit design. Needs "New quest: Travel to the right" in the upper right corner.

>.>

<.<

>.>
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 3, 2016, 11:33:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info