Cleave build help

You can go Max Block with two weapons, more passive points to invest in block, but safer.
78/78 Block Chance it's the way to go for Melee Cleave build.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
Ztink wrote:
"
Quixote77 wrote:
You can cleave one handed as well. From the level 90 tree in your original post, you seem to lack defenses, with 152% life quite lacking.

what do i change then? i don't really know the tree that well

KR33P's proposed tree is quite solid. If you want to use the two double-triple dipping clusters and aren't so keen on block, perhaps some champion dual-wielding varunastra variant for the perma fortify.

like this level 90 tree

187% life up to 194% if you grab a jewel with life. No leech on it though.
"
Ztink wrote:

thank you i will take some inspiration from youre tree but i still want one of my clusters.

how did you think with RT? and no crit?

I am pretty well funded and i got a max roll taste of hate from cadibro so most of the "expensive" items i have atm.

how high in tier maps can you go with youre cleave build?

1. RT is great for me, I can't really complain about dps. I'm sitting at 83k dps with hatred/hoa/inc aoe, 132k with above and conc effect, full buff (hatred/hoa/conc effect/4 frenzy charges/rallying cry/atziri flask) is 216-230k depends how much buff from rallying cry. Keep in mind that is with my mediocre 1h axe.

Facerolling most maps (up to tier 13, excluding village ruin) unless I die to sth like volatile blood devourer with added dmg or high crit ele hits. Haven't tried tier 14/15 maps though. I think my build version (passive tree and gearing of char Nine_Inch_Of_Steel) is too squishy for tier 14/15, thats why I proposed you more tankier version, you need more mitigation - hence the permaFortify or more block.

"
KR33P wrote:
"
Ztink wrote:

thank you i will take some inspiration from youre tree but i still want one of my clusters.

how did you think with RT? and no crit?

I am pretty well funded and i got a max roll taste of hate from cadibro so most of the "expensive" items i have atm.

how high in tier maps can you go with youre cleave build?

1. RT is great for me, I can't really complain about dps. I'm sitting at 83k dps with hatred/hoa/inc aoe, 132k with above and conc effect, full buff (hatred/hoa/conc effect/4 frenzy charges/rallying cry/atziri flask) is 216-230k depends how much buff from rallying cry. Keep in mind that is with my mediocre 1h axe.

Facerolling most maps (up to tier 13, excluding village ruin) unless I die to sth like volatile blood devourer with added dmg or high crit ele hits. Haven't tried tier 14/15 maps though. I think my build version (passive tree and gearing of char Nine_Inch_Of_Steel) is too squishy for tier 14/15, thats why I proposed you more tankier version, you need more mitigation - hence the permaFortify or more block.

that sounds really nice! i just dont know how to build the tree, even though I've looked at all the trees you all posted and i really like gladiator :(

because of gratuitus violence (Bleeding Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing X% of their Maximum Life as Physical Damage)

i took some bleed and more block. how is this?

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQCV4CK903cc3YrQXQB3OoYVw2ZK8qQvYEV7GWnrlB7dFoaLIXDM-RRIWBN4_JF_gr-jzrhplc1kti9uR3TbwUtdO0uU5tqi08oKoVSl3mRzvObaGWWbIIH8kGtjXasz34VIGVNR369NtlhXz--p4TZQzGE75-CVujgld0NEuGi6jXvOu0JWMGLgUHbp2eb9zJ82drBtfJuqnfjbbSoB2eAUEcUIO8OY3AR1WBBV5dbr9IheA3AGm87qW7jn4d2Sn1hIQ2NwQQtg3loGbRKyIrw6UZ08Sml0_zZfBRxG6oQ8PJagTq-eD0AgZsOQ2zYzV8=
Last edited by Ztink on May 3, 2016, 4:55:09 AM
bump
could anyone take a look on my tree?
"
Ztink wrote:

I run a DW axe cleaver, with a surprisingly similar tree to KR33P's one; I sit on 5.1k hps, 41k dps with no charges and no auras and 58,7k with three auras running (Hatred, SoA and SoI; remember that if you use soultaker you can have 0 mana that your attacks will work; just need to link curses and golem to a BM gem).

You have to remember that with Varunastra, any 1h node will affect you, so you will effectively gain more taking Axe's nodeds for dps rather than swords one's; if you plan on DW, varunastra + soultaker would be a terrific combo, and the axe nodes would benefit Varunastra.

Here is a reworked tree from the one you posted, optmized node usage (there is no point travelling so far to take Thik Skin, wasting 6 nodes of flat stats when you could travel to Discipline and Training and Amplify, and get strength in the way wich you'll need far more than dex. On the way, for the same points, you gain more life, one more end charge and more offense:

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQCVwHc6hhXDZkrypC9gRXsZaeuUHt05FEhYE3j8kX-Cv6POuGmVzWS2L25HdNvBS107S5Tm2qLTygqhVKXeZHO85toZZZsrY12rM9-ZU1Hfr022WFfP76nhNlDMYTvEuGi6jXvOu0JWMGL0_yBQdun9zJ82drBtfJuqnfjbbSoB2eAUEcUIO8OY3AR1WBBV5d4DcAabzt08SmlqW5hIcEEeWhKyPjrZFJOMhfhJvgTTHKpxPbGrgthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmPAXvfECgeu-sqlnzGjiQVScvwaPiYTB3Wf6fPi3S6Ua-eD0AgZsOQ2zYzV8=

And if you aboslutely want to use bleeding thematic, then take Bloodletting wich will give you 8% to bleed rather than 5% from Razor's Edge and will increase damage done to bleeding enemies.

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQCVwHc6hhXDZkrypC9gRXsZaeuUHt05FEhYE4yE0xkUhfhJvhN4_JF_gr-jzrhplc1kti9uR3TbwUtdO167y5Tm2qLTygqhVKXeQthJy8t0p8-GjiQVZHO85toZZZsrY12rM9-rKplTUd-vTbZYV8_8B8Es6IAvqeE2UMxhO8S4aLqNe867QlYwYvT_IFB26f3MnzZ-OvvfDwF2sHE9rXybqp34220qAdngFBHFCDvDmNwEdVgQVeXQKB4DcAabztyqXTxKaVo8qluYSGvbFnzwQTGrnlowGZKyOlGGlVan0WpZra-eD0AgZsOQ2zYzV8=
Last edited by Aalzien on May 3, 2016, 10:00:48 AM
"
Aalzien wrote:
"
Ztink wrote:

I run a DW axe cleaver, with a surprisingly similar tree to KR33P's one; I sit on 5.1k hps, 41k dps with no charges and no auras and 58,7k with three auras running (Hatred, SoA and SoI; remember that if you use soultaker you can have 0 mana that your attacks will work; just need to link curses and golem to a BM gem).

You have to remember that with Varunastra, any 1h node will affect you, so you will effectively gain more taking Axe's nodeds for dps rather than swords one's; if you plan on DW, varunastra + soultaker would be a terrific combo, and the axe nodes would benefit Varunastra.

Here is a reworked tree from the one you posted, optmized node usage (there is no point travelling so far to take Thik Skin, wasting 6 nodes of flat stats when you could travel to Discipline and Training and Amplify, and get strength in the way wich you'll need far more than dex. On the way, for the same points, you gain more life, one more end charge and more offense:

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQCVwHc6hhXDZkrypC9gRXsZaeuUHt05FEhYE3j8kX-Cv6POuGmVzWS2L25HdNvBS107S5Tm2qLTygqhVKXeZHO85toZZZsrY12rM9-ZU1Hfr022WFfP76nhNlDMYTvEuGi6jXvOu0JWMGL0_yBQdun9zJ82drBtfJuqnfjbbSoB2eAUEcUIO8OY3AR1WBBV5d4DcAabzt08SmlqW5hIcEEeWhKyPjrZFJOMhfhJvgTTHKpxPbGrgthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmPAXvfECgeu-sqlnzGjiQVScvwaPiYTB3Wf6fPi3S6Ua-eD0AgZsOQ2zYzV8=

And if you aboslutely want to use bleeding thematic, then take Bloodletting wich will give you 8% to bleed rather than 5% from Razor's Edge and will increase damage done to bleeding enemies.

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQCVwHc6hhXDZkrypC9gRXsZaeuUHt05FEhYE4yE0xkUhfhJvhN4_JF_gr-jzrhplc1kti9uR3TbwUtdO167y5Tm2qLTygqhVKXeQthJy8t0p8-GjiQVZHO85toZZZsrY12rM9-rKplTUd-vTbZYV8_8B8Es6IAvqeE2UMxhO8S4aLqNe867QlYwYvT_IFB26f3MnzZ-OvvfDwF2sHE9rXybqp34220qAdngFBHFCDvDmNwEdVgQVeXQKB4DcAabztyqXTxKaVo8qluYSGvbFnzwQTGrnlowGZKyOlGGlVan0WpZra-eD0AgZsOQ2zYzV8=

hi! thanks for youre input, i did change to bloodletting like you said! nice catch! I've reworked my tree a bit. i decided to stay with "by the blade" instead of "cleaving" because i found it worth the points since i went up to discipline and training with the exact same dmg % and some attack speed and i earned a skill point from that. Yes I do think my choice will be varunastra and a soultaker.

I'm sorry but what is SoA?do you mean HoA?

Here is the new tree!

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQCV0F0AdzqGFcNmSvKkL2BFexlp65Qe3RaGiyFwzPkUSFgTePyRf4K_o864aZXNZLYvbkd028FLXTtLlObaotPKCqFUpd5kc7zm2hllmyCB_JB2XytjXasz34VIGVNR369NtlhXz--p4TZQzGE7-CV3Q0S4aLqNe867QlYwYvT_IFB26dnm_cyfNnawbXybqp34220qAdngFBHFCDvDmNwEdVgQVeX0iF4DcAabzt08SmlqW5hIcEELYN5aBm0SsiK8OlGGlVan0WpZrYkm_dNdiuAirLcCElW6K4-xq4LYa9saPLwH6IAvng9AIGbDkNs2M1f
Yea sorry, Heralds of Ash and Ice I meant.

Your aim now is to reach Amplify, is a great boost to cleave, as by itself it has not a great reach. Indeed, for clearing I use an Increased AoE gem, wich I swap for Phyical to Lightning (it's quite better than a Concentrated effect, as in this kind of biuld base damage is mostly phys) gem for bosses when single damage is needed.

On a sidenote, By the Blade isn't that bad, but I still thoroughly recommend you to respec out from Deadly Dilettante. That line gives you for 8 skill points:
30 dex (+5% eva, +15 acc), 10 int, 36% increased damage with swords and 8% increased attack speed with swords(both of them will not apply to soultaker)

For those 8 points you could get:
20 str (+4% incr phys dmg, +10 life), 92% Increased phys damage with axes (will apply both to vary and soultaker), 5% increased life and Rertibution (14% Increased melee damage, 5% increased atk speed + 10 int)

AND you would be two points near to amplify:

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQCVxpVgIr3TXYrJJtBdAHc6hhXDZkrypC9gRXsZaeuUHt0ZrZan0WpWhoshcMz5FEhYE3j8kX-Cv6POuGmVzWS2L25HdNvBS107S5Tm2qLTygqhVKXeQthkc7zm2hllmyCB_JB2XytjXasz35lTUd-vTbZYV8_8B-iAL6nhNlDMYTvEuGi6jXvOu0JWMGL0_yBQdunZ5v3MnzZ2sG18m6qd-NttKgHZ4BQRxQg7w5jcBHVYEFXl9IheA3AGm87dPEppa4-aPKpbmEhr2zBBMaueWhKyIrw6Ub462RSTjIX4Sb4E0wEs8Bmvng9AIGbDkNs2M1f

It really is a worthwile swap ;)
Last edited by Aalzien on May 3, 2016, 12:34:40 PM
"
Aalzien wrote:
Yea sorry, Heralds of Ash and Ice I meant.

Your aim now is to reach Amplify, is a great boost to cleave, as by itself it has not a great reach. Indeed, for clearing I use an Increased AoE gem, wich I swap for Phyical to Lightning (it's quite better than a Concentrated effect, as in this kind of biuld base damage is mostly phys) gem for bosses when single damage is needed.

On a sidenote, By the Blade isn't that bad, but I still thoroughly recommend you to respec out from Deadly Dilettante. That line gives you for 8 skill points:
30 dex (+5% eva, +15 acc), 10 int, 36% increased damage with swords and 8% increased attack speed with swords(both of them will not apply to soultaker)

For those 8 points you could get:
20 str (+4% incr phys dmg, +10 life), 92% Increased phys damage with axes (will apply both to vary and soultaker), 5% increased life and Rertibution (14% Increased melee damage, 5% increased atk speed + 10 int)

AND you would be two points near to amplify:

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQCVxpVgIr3TXYrJJtBdAHc6hhXDZkrypC9gRXsZaeuUHt0ZrZan0WpWhoshcMz5FEhYE3j8kX-Cv6POuGmVzWS2L25HdNvBS107S5Tm2qLTygqhVKXeQthkc7zm2hllmyCB_JB2XytjXasz35lTUd-vTbZYV8_8B-iAL6nhNlDMYTvEuGi6jXvOu0JWMGL0_yBQdunZ5v3MnzZ2sG18m6qd-NttKgHZ4BQRxQg7w5jcBHVYEFXl9IheA3AGm87dPEppa4-aPKpbmEhr2zBBMaueWhKyIrw6Ub462RSTjIX4Sb4E0wEs8Bmvng9AIGbDkNs2M1f

It really is a worthwile swap ;)

thats a fair point, i will go with youre tree. the problem with both our trees is that they are both lvl 95 trees and amplify would be lvl 97 and this build is not something i want to lvl higher then 90. so i dont know what i should about this..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info