regal orb item

I have a Chaos ring I've been upping with amethyst flask and it has two rolls of chaos res on it, but if i use a regal orb on it will it take one away and just have 1 set of chaos res and make the ring rare?

Plus I don't know how to find the ring to try and link it on here the stash thing is gone in my profile.
Last bumped on May 5, 2016, 10:13:24 PM
"
blc_90 wrote:
I have a Chaos ring I've been upping with amethyst flask and it has two rolls of chaos res on it, but if i use a regal orb on it will it take one away and just have 1 set of chaos res and make the ring rare?

Plus I don't know how to find the ring to try and link it on here the stash thing is gone in my profile.

If you are talking about an amethyst ring with an explicit chaos resistance, a regal will not remove the explicit chaos resistance. It adds a second or third mod on top of the implicit chaos resist and explicit you already rolled.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
How can I Link the ring into the post?
"
blc_90 wrote:
How can I Link the ring into the post?

Click reply. Click your character portrait in top left corner. It'll open your inventory. Find the item in question and left click it. The link will appear in your reply.
that's the ring I want to regal orb, but will it keep both chaos res mods?
"
blc_90 wrote:
that's the ring I want to regal orb, but will it keep both chaos res mods?

Yes, it will.

However, you may want to use an Orb of Augmentation on it first to add a prefix.
says orb of augmentation will give a new random affix. what is an affix?

Will I still have the 2 chaos res mods this plus have a third new one added? Sorry, I'm really new to the game, and have done some research on wiki about the game, but still very confused about a lot of the orbs and items.
Yes unless you use a chaos or alteration which rerolls ALL mods the res will stay and further mods get added to the existing ones as long as you use the right orbs and the item isn't "full".

Since magic items can have 2 mods you would use an augmentation and then if you want to add a 3rd mod you would use a regal, since now the magic item is "full" and only a rare can have up to 6 mods. Once you have a rare only exalted orbs can add new affixes (and master crafting but that is a whole different ballgame).

For the whole prefix/suffix situation i would recommend:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_affix

And to check which mod is a pre- or suffix and what can spawn on the different base items:

http://www.exilemods.com/
Last edited by horstkaracho on May 2, 2016, 12:20:32 AM
If the orb of augmentation rolls a mod I don't can I use another to reroll it, or am I just stuck with it?
You are stuck with it. Individual mods can't be changed (with the exception of master-crafted mods). An orb of alteration can be used to reroll all modifiers on a magic item, but then you'll lose the chaos res too. Still, alts are cheap so if you have a bunch of them (probably 100 or so at least to be reasonably certain you'll get another chaos res before you run out of orbs) you could spam alts on it until it gets two mods you like, then use the regal and finally master-craft a fourth mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info