Give your HONEST opinion on where POE fails in so many areas where Diablo 3 succeeds

This is a constructive thread to gather ideas on what can be done to improve POE and make it more accessible to a wider audience which does nothing but great things for both the devs and all of us as more money into the hands of GGG ensures more content for all of us.

IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED D3 "ROS" Expansion within the last year Please do NOT give an opinion of D3. I notice a lot of ignorant people seem to comment about D3 and still mention auction house and all that crap as if those old design even exist anymore. We are specifically talking about D3 ROS today and the latest update vs POE today and its latest update.

Now that there are no more expansions for D3 anymore and its reached the end of its life "but will be supported for a few more years since its typical Blizzard style to support a game with many years of content" lets discuss what POE can learn from where D3 succeeds. I heard GGG is opened to ideas so lets have it.
D3 had a rocky start, surrounded by controversy. RMAH was either you outright hated it or you outright loved it. But those days are long gone so lets forget about that.

In the end Blizzard removed the AH and made almost EVERYTHING Bound on Account in D3, so believe it or not D3 is actually now less Pay to Win than POE since thousands of people continue to use 3rd party websites to pay to win in POE as we speak so lets get off our high horse about how D3 is pay to win while POE is not its the other way around now.

ANYWAYS in the end this is what we have, Blizzard did all they could do with D3 to keep it more casual friendly ONLINE MMO but an ARPG at the same time satisfying pissed off fans. I am starting to like POE I finally figured how how the game works and how to create builds and how things work on this game, its nice and I THINK I am liking it more than D3. For starters I am way more enjoying my brand new day one marauder than I ever can a day one barbarian as in D3 you have to ask someone to boost you to max level as End Game in D3 is where its at. I even heard D3's end game is better than that of POE but I can't confirm. All I know is D3's end game is really really good.

But some things still flat out suck in POE, the Online experience in D3 is light years ahead of POE for starters its sorted and structured so much better you have 4 banners to click from in home town to auto teleport to your character. The game automatically assigns you to a team and you get a TRUE modern Multi Player feel with clicking on the banners to TP to friends.

I heard some people in POE say its no big deal just "ask" someone in the party to open a portal scroll form you but thats where the problem starts this here is ignorance on the part of both GGG and the community. You should NOT be asking, this feature of D3 in teleporting to party members feature should be ingrained into POE from day one you have already started off badly by asking for a TP this here is an innovation by Blizzard not a dumbing down as we seem to believe. I don't even open a portal scroll for anyone because I don't want to waste my scrolls and others also feel the same way. Even worse sometimes the person in the party can't even speak English. This here is where D3 flat out wins.

Don't get me wrong the builds in this game is way better than D3 but there are LOTS of things this game FAILS at where D3 wins. And I think its the arrogance of the POE devs to continue to block out new ideas and thats their downfall. As a Long time Brood war Starcraft player that I am I ask you Do you consider the feature command to auto mine crystals in Starcraft 2 after building a structure a dumbing down and making it casual as compared to Brood War where you HAVE to manually reassign it to mine crystals? Its STUPID to think its dumbing down the game for masses because they IMPROVED on a inconvenient and stupid issue SC1 suffered with. Its the same with POE, GGG needs to simply accept there are BETTER much more efficient ways to do things today than you could have in the days of D2.

I hear the talk about devs need to listen to the "community" what is a community? in POE it was old school hardcore ARPG nerds. Thats NOT a community, the vast majority of the community over 70% you will never hear from. They don't make posts, they install a game and if they don't like it they delete it thats the real community that is silent.

D3 also seems to have the superior Engine that allows more stuff without weird freezing like POE does. D3 does have way better character animations and model design than POE aswell but thats how it goes with all AAA titles after all can't fault GGG for this one being an Indie and all. Its a shame character animations remained the same since day one though, its better on enemies than it is on your main toon.

In terms of maps Act 1 and 2 graphics flat out suck in POE but gets a lot better in 3 and above, probably because GGG has a lot more money today than they did 2 years ago. So you find the newer acts closer matches the quality of AAA games like D3 where graphics are concerned.

Anyways give your thoughts on what are the pros and cons of POE and D3.

Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last bumped on May 12, 2016, 1:40:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Alright here

Diablo 3 = you get bored in a week and it's a pile of dick.
PoE = Be likely bored if you were myself within a month and then it becomes a pile of dick.

Simple? Good.

More simplified? D3 is all out casual like super all out casual while PoE still overwhelm people like people go on a crying spree when they enter act 4 and go WHAA GAME IS HARD.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 30, 2016, 10:49:18 PM
If you're here to restrict our discussion to "only current D3 players"... why not post this shit in D3's forum?
"
Alright here

Diablo 3 = you get bored in a week and it's a pile of dick.
PoE = Be likely bored if you were myself within a month and then it becomes a pile of dick.

Simple? Good.

Fair enough, I like the honesty in it.

I enjoy POE quite a lot from level 1 and up its superior to D3 in everyway. I can't comment on end game but I hear D3 is better at end game than POE and this seems to be from veteran POE players saying this.

I feel like there are ideas GGG can take from D3 all the good ideas to make POE better. I just hate how people on both side of the divide like to talk shit about eachother rather than learn from where both succeed and fail.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you're here to restrict our discussion to "only current D3 players"... why not post this shit in D3's forum?

Because there are a LOT of people here who have played Diablo 3 the majority of POE players have played D3.

Over at Blizzard's forums nobody there knows about POE and most who tried this game quit after 1 hour. So getting feedback here is far more meaningful than at D3's forum. The players here are also hardcore ARPG players so discussing things with the folks here is also far more useful.

Also Blizzard has ended Diablo 3's life so gathering info for D3 devs is useless however GGG is in full speed ahead of creating more content since this game is Free to Play.

The fat that many hardcore ARPG players here are admitting to how D3 has drastically improved and wins out POE in so many areas shows that there is room for improvement in POE.

Last edited by TriniGamer on Apr 30, 2016, 10:53:53 PM
I like D3 but even I think these threads of yours on the poe forum are retarded. Just stop
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
I like D3 but even I think these threads of yours on the poe forum are retarded. Just stop

Your latrine opinion is well appreciated.

Thank you.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
why not post this shit in D3's forum?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
D3 is a shit game for shit people

"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Your latrine opinion is well appreciated.

Thank you.

Hey it's a shit repost/rehash thread, surprised people are taking a dump in it?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info