what give more XP: Gorge map or Poorjoy's Asylum

"
Bars wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
At L89 poorjoy and T9s give the same amount of exp after penalty and inc exp adjustments.

Before L89 poorjoy is better, and after L89 T9s are better.

There you go again matrix, bringing math into an opinion contest.

You have to normalize for relative mob number between the two maps though, I think poorjoy probably has a lot more mobs per map than a standard T9.

Yes, and it has a much worse layout than an A-grade T9, and the detonate dead necromancers can instakill most builds meaning you'll probably have to be super slow and careful when you do it.

4k life and I don't have big problems with Poorjoy. Poorjoy are not as hard as some ppl say but Gorge runs are much easier.

I have did poorjoy at 70s becasue running gorge with other people having 90s lvls did not feel like better xp. at lvl 80 gorge feel much better and it is cheaper.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 2, 2016, 3:03:57 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:

4k life and I don't have big problems with Poorjoy. Poorjoy are not as hard as some ppl say but Gorge runs are much easier.

i have did poorjoy on 80s becasue running gorge with other people having 90s lvls does feel like worse xp.

At 4k life, a single detonate dead will kill you. I suppose you're ranged and have excellent damage so you clear without an issue. I also suppose you haven't actually grinded Poorjoy's (which I've done). Even if you do 5 or 6 smoothly, sooner or later you'll eat a detonate dead and die. Anyway, if you're grinding XP for level 90+, even the possibility of dying makes it not worth it IMO.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Corrupting blood is pretty much the most dangerous thing in poorjoy if you dont remove the bleed instant.
I usually grind poorjoys from 75>85 (that like 10maps maybe), just because the feeling running 1 map and getting 2.5 level from it feels way better than grinding 8 maps for 1-2 level.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Poorjoys gives good XP per map even when your character is very high lvl. I always play them, at any level. They were only bad with CA (due to high chaos res of those detonate-dead mobs), for any other build it was ok.

Map layout sucks, though.
UPDATE- ran both today, here's the result:

Poorjoys @ lvl96: 2,896,568 xp
Gorge @ lvl96: 1,674,090 xp
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 3, 2016, 1:14:02 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
UPDATE- ran both today, here's the result:

Poorjoys @ lvl96: 2,896,568 xp
Gorge @ lvl96: 1,674,090 xp

should record the time taken to do each. cause im pretty sure you could run like 5 gorge maps before 1 poorjoys
"
Mannoth wrote:
Arid Lake should be less exp than plateau imo.

They are less but if you can clear 2-3 Arids in the time of a plateau, then you should do Arids... Which not all builds can do.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info