[2.3] Bleeding/Poison EQ Gladiator -- Budget, Tanky, Reflect Proof! -- T15 Core Down!

hey mate.

tested ur build in standart.

Since i can't find a good bleeding weapon im playing with the jack axe unique ...

i did some tree change ( go to the ranger area to get some more block ) : im at 71% block / spell block

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAABeAecEswUtBosJMwomC2EM9xNMFCAUTRUgFewX4RiRGNsZjhm0Gj4aVRuXIOMhYCb4KaUtgy4jLlMvzDJONZI26DrhPAU8LT3iQKBFqUd-SO5NRk3jTjJQR1qfXz9f2mEhYuxkUmVNZrZnm2hlaPJs2HKpdO108XaseTl673zZfXV-4oNfg8yE2YTvivCTmZ7Nn8uiAKZXpzCplayvrj6vbLc-uR27nryfvTa-eL6nwGbAv8GCxPbGrsqQz37RNtNv037YvdrB4izkUelG6dXqGO3X7w7veu988B_yRfPd9qP3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P_ro=

what do you think about that ?

NB : I still clear with decent speed , T13 mips with enfeeble with just the jack axe
@Holzmann @dezignedelic

Flee is totally a downside. Making mobs spread out is nothing but annoying...

How will the skill and ascendancy changes affect this build? :)
Wow, really nice build. Playtested it a bit in Standard and really enjoyed the damage and tankyness, even killing the Crema/Village Ruin Bosses at 75 with relative ease. (Izaro on Merciless really hurt tho for some reason)

As I am planning to use this build on the upcoming Prophecy League (HC), I was wondering if I could squeeze out a little more defense and stumbled upon this goodie:

Pros:

- 8% block chance is huge. Since blocking is our only source of actually avoiding physical damage, and our only form of protection against spells we would greatly benefit from it. It would boost our block chance from 63% to 71%. Especially with the more potent and prevailing spellcasting monsters in the upcoming expansion this would be a nice addition. Add a 4% Reckless Defence and you have 75/78 block chance. (Not sure if the 7-10% additional Chance to receive a Critical Strike is worth it tho)
- 400-500 armour is very useful to us as it scales greatly with all the % nodes.
- 34-48 Life gained when you block is a nice boost to our survivability (and occasional alt tabbing in maps)
- 10-24 Mana gained when you block could potentially take care of any mana issues (I was actually playing this build with 0 mana leech and could sustain it with the natural mana regen except when heavy spamming or lower regen mods)
- 3% additional block chance. Not really that relevant since we struggle to get to max block anyways, but it might come in play if we have some additional spell block.
- Reflect damage. Yay!

Cons:

- No life. Since we have life on pretty much every other piece of gear and alot of % from the tree I think the 8% additional block chance gives us way more effective life while not having to fear a oneshot.
- No dex and int. This is where it gets tricky. We only get around 70 dex and 30 int from the tree so naked we have 93 dex and 44 int. This requires us to get (155-93) = 62 dex and (155-44) = 111 int from our gear. While this is doable as you can craft int and dex on like every piece of equipment it makes the gearing process more expensive and sophisticated.
- 10% reduced attack speed is annoying (it changed my aps on EQ from 0,44 to 0,47) but since we don't need to spam our attacks anyways and I use a Brightbreak to travel its not that big of a deal.
- 10% reduced cast speed does not affect us.
- 10% reduced movement speed, annoying in town, but not really that relevant in maps since we are mostly leap slamming anyways.

What are your thoughts on the matter / the reason you opted not to go for it.

TL;DR 16% additional block (8/8) for lack of life and stats on amu. Deal or do deal?
Last edited by Craynor on Jun 1, 2016, 2:18:53 PM
Would Rapid Decay linked with EQ apply to your bleed damage? Seems like it should, but I can't seem to find a clear answer.
"
Holzmann wrote:
Would Rapid Decay linked with EQ apply to your bleed damage? Seems like it should, but I can't seem to find a clear answer.

Yes, it does. I've tested it with my friends, I'm pretty sure it scales the bleeding damage.

It's an interesting build but its clear speed doesn't seem very "Fluid" to me.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cospri%27s_Will

Fuck Snakebites. First prophecy or whatever that I am solving.

Free extra curse, 2x Curses, Vulnerability and Temporal Chains or Enfeeble + the no mana ring for Grace.

Permapoison everything, free slot for Rapid Decay, also has a nice chunk of Evasion and chaos res. Minion stat is wasted but fuck it, rest is way to good to pass upon, hope it wont be expensive as fuck.
"
dezignedelic wrote:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cospri%27s_Will

Fuck Snakebites. First prophecy or whatever that I am solving.

Free extra curse, 2x Curses, Vulnerability and Temporal Chains or Enfeeble + the no mana ring for Grace.

Permapoison everything, free slot for Rapid Decay, also has a nice chunk of Evasion and chaos res. Minion stat is wasted but fuck it, rest is way to good to pass upon, hope it wont be expensive as fuck.

This armour is god-tier, I don't think it would be cheaper than a skyforth...
"
snakzz wrote:
How will the skill and ascendancy changes affect this build? :)

in my opinion:
you can now go either axe or mace with the 50%(58% with tree+asc) bleed chance from ascendency as you dont NEED to craft bleeding on hit on your axes

it basically makes you more flexible in your main hand option
Last edited by bozzna on Jun 2, 2016, 6:54:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info