POE, AKA the game where random guys do GGG's job

Can't find any other game where millions are involved and for which the community still has to do the publisher's job to make the game playable.

This game is based around trading and racing.

The a few random guys own the whole trading system.

A few random guys have to take steps to make races actually enjoyable and refreshing.

What would happen if those handfull of players just stopped investing time for the community?
-
Last bumped on May 10, 2016, 6:30:06 AM
D2 -> Mods
HL/CS (old ones) -> mods
D3 -> Ebay and chinese gold sellers (back in the days)

I bet there are more - I dont really know, I havent played that many games.

Not trying to defend anything, just saying I a lot of games are affacted by communities or outside factors.
You lack tact and have no clue how people at GGG reading stuff like this possibly feel.

So let me just take a quick dump in this thread to represent a symbolic value of it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
One of the most played and successful games today, which created a whole genre on its own, started as a custom Warcraft 3 map. And boy, are Blizzard salty about missing the opportunity to profit from it.

Shortsighted fools.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 30, 2016, 9:42:37 AM
"
Bars wrote:
One of the most played and successful games today, which created a whole genre on its own, started as a custom Warcraft 3 map. And boy, are Blizzard salty about missing the opportunity to profit from it.

Shortsighted fools.

started from starcraft. not warcraft 3.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
You don't understand the game, so you're frustrated by it.

Leave your opinions as to what the game is behind. The game isn't what you are trying to force it to be.
"
"
Bars wrote:

Shortsighted fools.

Pretty sure he was referencing League of Legends, which did not, in fact, have anything to do with Starcraft.

- Sheepster
^he was talking about dota.(since he mentioned custom wc3 map)

God how i love the custom map community of WC3, still active till this day. so many awesome things where created.

Think i have like 900+ custom maps on this pc for wc3 TFT.(80 of them are prolly dota updates)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
"
Bars wrote:

Shortsighted fools.

Pretty sure he was referencing League of Legends, which did not, in fact, have anything to do with Starcraft.

I was referencing DotA, which was inspired from a SC custom map called Aeon of Strife but Warcraft 3 is what really started it on the way to massive popularity.

LoL is a DotA clone. Not bashing it or denying its popularity, it's just not the originator of the MOBA genre.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I cant find game that is popular and community don't make tools for it to help other players.

Also what make a lot of games great is community working together.

When company take away community effort and put just mechanics that do community work often it make game shallow.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info