About Elemental Resistances stacking in Merciless

Hello. I have a noobish newbie question. I just entered merciless and I am concerned that I only have 34% fire, 9% cold and 24% lightning resistances. That's like really low... Are there any tricks or specific items that can help me a bit with this issue? How do you guys stack resistances? Mobs just won't drop me any good rings/amulets/armor with good resistances :/
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2016, 12:18:03 PM
At this point, Haku and Elreon's crafting benches might be pretty handy for you to add extra resists to your gear. In softcore though it's pretty common to soldier on to Act IV with dodgy resists, and farm Dried Lake (which is mostly physical damage with a smidge of fire) until your character is workable.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Use poe.trade to search for life and double resist gear. It's almost free in standard.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
viperesque wrote:
At this point, Haku and Elreon's crafting benches might be pretty handy for you to add extra resists to your gear. In softcore though it's pretty common to soldier on to Act IV with dodgy resists, and farm Dried Lake (which is mostly physical damage with a smidge of fire) until your character is workable.

I see. Where can I read more about crafting benches? I absolutely don't know anything about them. I really need to do some research there.
Masters got added a couple leagues ago

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Master

Basically they spawn randomly in areas. You do their missions and once they are high enough level you can make a hideout and then invite them to it. The higher level they are the better crafting options their benches give. Since you are in Merc already you might have a master that's high enough to make a hideout. They stand around in the different act towns. talk to them!

once you have a hideout you can use the command /claim_crafting_benches in the chat window to get all the benches you had access to if the master was invited to your hideout.
"
horstkaracho wrote:
Masters got added a couple leagues ago

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Master

Basically they spawn randomly in areas. You do their missions and once they are high enough level you can make a hideout and then invite them to it. The higher level they are the better crafting options their benches give. Since you are in Merc already you might have a master that's high enough to make a hideout. They stand around in the different act towns. talk to them!

once you have a hideout you can use the command /claim_crafting_benches in the chat window to get all the benches you had access to if the master was invited to your hideout.

Thanks!
when leveling, I usually try to have decent elemental resists from second half of act 3. Using leveling gear I have in my stash or just gear with life and resists I find

you dont need to be afraid. the current design is that after completing cruel act 4, you will not face anything that difficult until second half of a3 merciless :/
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 30, 2016, 6:45:09 AM
In terms of gearing, two-stone rings are great, it's even worth picking up blue ones to check, if it has life and a good resist roll, regaling and mastercrafting another resist can take you a long way. Belts with just life and resists are also really cheap to buy on poe.trade, since most people will want things like weapon elemental damage or strength in that slot, so foregoing those stats makes it cheaper.

Dont be afraid to spec into resist nodes on the passive tree to help with the leveling process if they are nearby - you can always unspec them once your gear improves if needed. Depending on build they can even be a permanent part of it - my endgame facebreaker build picks up 34% to all resistances from nodes that I would pick up anyway.

Lastly, flasks! Early on in the league I rolled this beauty, and it has made leveling an absolute breeze:
56 to all resistances for 7 seconds at a time is incredible. Every character I have rolled has used it from normal until well into merciless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info