Forget Mad Max. Live the post-apocalyspe!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3564829/World-s-largest-post-apocalyptic-festival-sees-thousands-Mad-Max-fans-gather-Californian-desert.html
"

The four-day post-apocalyptic party in the Mojave desert began in 2010 and has seen steady growth each year.

Now it is the largest post-apocalyptic themed festival in the world, with last year's being the biggest event to date with 2,500 festival goers.

Over the years, fixtures of the Wasteland Weekend environment have emerged and include bounty hunting games, a bonfire dance pit, a film festival and a fire spinning area.

Me, I like hot showers and cold drinks. You mileage may vary. =^[.]^=

ETA: Make sure you scroll ALL the way down for the pictures. There're some great ones!

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Apr 29, 2016, 10:45:42 AM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2016, 2:55:39 PM
That guy on the horse. He wins.
GGG rejected me. Kappa.
No offense but the average American really does look out of shape... And these are outgoing and adventurous people, I'm reasonably certain they are in a better general condition than the statistical average of the entire population...
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 30, 2016, 7:10:13 AM
"
Bars wrote:
No offense but the average American really does look out of shape... And these are outgoing and adventurous people, I'm reasonably certain they are in a better general condition than the statistical average of the entire population...

Yeah, sorry to offend... It comes from a cultural heritage of having enough to eat, y'know, agrarian roots and all that. Don't worry, though; if our leaders have their way, we'll all be living in shared misery and poverty, soon enough. =-[.]-=

Now can we get back on topic?

Love that dog with the mohawk! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Apr 30, 2016, 1:43:09 PM
I didn't mean to tick you off, just... genuinely surprised even if I know this well enough in theory. I'm afraid it's not tied to a high standard of living, however. There are rich lean countries (e.g. Japan) and poor obese countries (e.g. North African countries).

I was also more or less ontopic, there were some awesome costumes but the amount of obesity simply turned me off :( Sorry to be a party pooper, will try to refrain from commenting in the thread.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 30, 2016, 1:49:28 PM
"
Bars wrote:

You start off your insulting and offensive statement with the words "no offense but"?

Haaa what a knob.
"
"
Bars wrote:

You start off your insulting and offensive statement with the words "no offense but"?

Haaa what a knob.

It was simply an observation. If I wanted to be offensive, I would've used offensive language, like you did.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info