Not all characters are created equal

Went in to Lab vs Izaro (merciless)many times tonight. My highest character a 89 Ranger, Blast Rain/split arrow died 4 out of 6 times. My ED/ Contagion (lvl85) went in once and beat Izaro even thou I'm not super comfortable with this character. My level 80 Bladefall trapper also dropped the boss no problem, (almost 10 levels below my ranger!!) And my level 82 dual totem Maurader dropped him like he was like he was a tier 1 map boss. Just saying... My BR/SA Ranger is my favorite character, but is he (she) worth playing anymore???
Last bumped on May 2, 2016, 11:07:05 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
try kiting the izaros attacks with whirling blades, blink/mirror arrow are a death trap when you have to move quickly around bosses in close arenas/rooms.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 29, 2016, 5:06:56 AM
My lvl 91 Scion died like a total bitch to Izaro, the first time I did the Lab with her. She was my highest lvl character, to that time. She isn't very well planned out, tho. :V Glass cannon, mind you.

My Raider, on the other hand, can face tank Izaro without any problem (unless her gets crazy buffed).

Think you might want to think about your character a little bit. :d
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Was Izaro unbuffed?

My level 95 GMP Ice Shot / Frenzy for single target Ranger kills Izaro with full buffs, not really a problem. Even though I only have 4.8k health.

Whats your health / other defenses?

EDIT: BTW it is normal that certain content is easier / harder for certain characters. My Ranger clears maps very fast (1shot the screen, very fast movement speed), but has problems with strong single targets and often dies even at normal Atziri. My Bladefall miner doesn't clear maps very fast, but dies a lot less and kills Uber.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Apr 29, 2016, 10:41:52 AM
Stibnite flask. Cast when damage taken enfeeble/blasphemy. 10k evasion. Win.
Buddy, don't talk to me about how the lab is hard until you try running it with Animate Weapon.

Edit: That aside, I think the Izaro fight is pretty well-balanced now. A high DPS build requires good mechanical skill to avoid stuff, a high defense build is harder because the fight is longer due to less DPS. I do think the high-DPS version is more advantageous, but then again my max block/sblock char does it without a sweat.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Apr 29, 2016, 3:19:00 PM
"
Not all characters are created equal

yea, that is what make this game awesome
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Buddy, don't talk to me about how the lab is hard until you try running it with Animate Weapon.

That's what those stash stations are for. Just stockpile a bunch of daggers. I've done it. Were my easiest izaro fights ever.
Last edited by dyneol on Apr 29, 2016, 3:48:13 PM
"
dyneol wrote:
"

That's what those stash stations are for. Just stockpile a bunch of daggers. I've done it. Were my easiest izaro fights ever.
Bleh, well, I guess that works, I'm still going to say it's painful though.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Styles1125 wrote:
Went in to Lab vs Izaro (merciless)many times tonight. My highest character a 89 Ranger, Blast Rain/split arrow died 4 out of 6 times. My ED/ Contagion (lvl85) went in once and beat Izaro even thou I'm not super comfortable with this character. My level 80 Bladefall trapper also dropped the boss no problem, (almost 10 levels below my ranger!!) And my level 82 dual totem Maurader dropped him like he was like he was a tier 1 map boss. Just saying... My BR/SA Ranger is my favorite character, but is he (she) worth playing anymore???

are you playing for fun or playing to defeat izaro?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info