Need a bit of help fine tuning my build

So, I just hit level 70 with my current Ranger build and I need a bit of help to fine-tune my build. See if I've picked up any dud nodes, or missed a shorter passive path to take, or if I'm just using inefficient skills/gear.

My gear and tree should all be publically viewable, but please let me know if it's not.

Known Issues:
-Goldrim kinda sucks (I'm unable to cap resists without it currently, though I'm on the lookout to replace it)
-Lack of Life (My next levels are dedicated to life nodes which I probably should've grabbed earlier)

Current Conundrums:
- Maligaro's Vs. Surgebinders
- Molten Strike Vs. Frenzy

Tooltip Damages (With Charges):
Molten Strike: 15.7ishK
Flicker Strike: 3.5ishK

31.?% Crit Chance.

Please ask any questions for more details, or share opinions on how badly I've done. Thanks!
Last bumped on May 7, 2016, 11:35:10 PM
One obvious thing (IMO of course) is path you take to shadow area. I never go Revenge of the Hunted way, too many dexterity nodes you don't really need.

Here's an alternative path with the same amount of passives, you get more life, more attack speed, similar damage and less evasion (not that important, I think). The only downside for you is no +30 int node, but you should try to get that on gear anyway, you also will pick up more int in shadow starting area shortly. I also removed 4% evasion per frenzy charge node, but you can remove 18% charge duration instead if you have no problem maintaining (having both is not very effective, as you have a connection through life already).

You also really should upgrade your jewelry to something with +life on it, rings at least +50, amulet +60-70. %life from passive tree (and Meginord) means nothing without +flat life on gear and you have that only on your chest (and Daresso's is not the best chest for +flat life anyway). And, as you already mentioned, Goldrim has to go. Some rare helm with +life (80+), resists, +defenses (in order of importance) will be good. I wouldn't recommend trying to fit another unique in your build, since it'll probably hit your survivability and put heavy pressure on your jewelry being perfect.
Last edited by PaperRat on Apr 29, 2016, 7:06:28 AM
Definitely no complaints shifting over to that path when I get a bit more INT on Gear, at the moment I'm only just meeting requirements for my Crit Mulitplier Gem.

Yeah, the Jewellery was the best I could cobble together when I hit Merciless. Was massively lacking in Resists since I'd been using Damage rings in Cruel, and had to suddenly shift or burn to death from using The Goddess Unleashed.

I'll have to decide between Duration and Evasion Frenzy Passive once I decide if I want to swap over to Frenzy for single target DPS or not. I already have decent uptime, but not so much against bosses (Depending how many Adds they have).

Yeah, had no plans for another Unique. As much as I love them, I have two characters that are mostly Unique and it's frustrating as heck (One I stopped playing, and the other runs three Resist Auras).

So, looks like I have to go helm shopping next so that I can figure out what jewellery I need.

Also, speaking of Survivability, I'm not sure if I should invest in the other "Evasion" keystones. 4 points for Phase Acrobatics, and 2 for the Ranged Dodge one... Not sure if it's worth it with my build, or if I should just focus on Life, or even a Jewel Slot or two.
I've seen mentions of people skipping 4 nodes after Acro for whatever reasons, but in my book they're well worth the passives. 30% spell dodge is no joke.

Arrow Dancing wouldn't be very good for you since, you're melee.

Jewel slots are almost always worth it for 2 passive points. You can get 5-7% life + combination of various other goodies (like +15% damage or +15% crit multi or +12% to 2 resists or +8% to attack speed) on each jewel. It will take some currency to roll them though, cause the mod pool is quite large.
Last edited by PaperRat on Apr 29, 2016, 9:39:17 AM
The chance to Dodge from those three nodes after, that's a separate chance than my Evasion Rating, right? I seem to remember it being like that, but, things change... And occasionally I remember wrongly.
"
Zephryl wrote:
The chance to Dodge from those three nodes after, that's a separate chance than my Evasion Rating, right? I seem to remember it being like that, but, things change... And occasionally I remember wrongly.

Yeah, it's a separate defense mechanism.
Dodge is completely random.
Evasion is kinda deterministic, roughly meaning, that with 50% chance to evade you always gonna evade every other attack.
So, does that mean that with just Evasion at 50 I'd also be getting hit by every other attack?

Seems like the added Dodge will be very handy, I'll definitely grab those ones then.
Well I ditched the Goldrims for a Helm I got at an I think reasonable price.

Not all top tier rolls or anything, but it has more than what I need and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Got lucky on the colour rolls as well, didn't take me near as long as I feared to get 3 off-colour sockets.

Now I can figure out which Jewellery pieces I can upgrade~
Well, currently I'm struggling to upgrade my Jewellery. I think I need to upgrade the Amulet first, since I can get a bit more Resists out of that and then I'll need less out of my rings... But I need more Int to swap to the more efficient passive build, which means I'm basically just waiting on poe.trade to have something I can use that doesn't cost an insane amount...

So, I'm wondering; Should I ditch my Belt?

My tooltip damage drops roughly 10% without any charges if I take it off, which is fairly significant, but I can upgrade to a tri-res belt
which means I can focus on other stats for the Amulet (With Resists being a bonus), and hopefully lower how much resists I need on my Rings.

Of course, it's a large drop in damage and I may be better served waiting on an Amulet and going from there.

Opinions from more experienced people would be awesome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info