Trials are great.

Trials are different on each difficulty
They are short but offer different experience than dealing with another white mob pack that I one shoot with my op aoe skill.

Why people don't like them and want to just rush to maps and do the same maps over and over for hours and hours?

Is this becasue Trials actually require to pay attention to game and you can't run like mindless zombie spamming aoe skills that obliterate entire screen?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 28, 2016, 6:59:40 PM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2016, 11:37:55 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
Why people don't like them and want to just rush to maps and do the same maps over and over for hours and hours?

Same reason why people want to level in endless ledge.

Same reason why people want to run Gorge and Plateau all day.

It's more efficient.

Cause, you know, fun is defined by numbers (XP/hour, currency/hour).

EDIT: Also the reason why people hate reflect, bearers, temp chains, and a variety of other things.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Apr 28, 2016, 7:06:16 PM
Xenophobia. It's different. Different is bad. Different needs to go away.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
No they're not.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Even if you like the gameplay, trials are static, and they slow down leveling because you cannot skip some side areas anymore.

Also, if you played Normal labyrinth, Cruel and Merciless trials are fairly redundant.

Also, there is no reward for doing them, it's part of a quest chain. You need to bribe people, :P
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 28, 2016, 7:27:42 PM
Well if you played Cruel, Merciless is pretty redundant as well. If you've played a Gorge, another Gorge is pretty redundant as well.

The real reason is that they slow down, are not "efficient", whatever that means in a game designed to have fun (hopefully).

Pretty sure that people would like them more if this was a single-player game. The economy just forces that mindset into you over time...
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Well if you played Cruel, Merciless is pretty redundant as well. If you've played a Gorge, another Gorge is pretty redundant as well.

The real reason is that they slow down, are not "efficient", whatever that means in a game designed to have fun (hopefully).

Pretty sure that people would like them more if this was a single-player game. The economy just forces that mindset into you over time...

Don't get me wrong, I like the whole thing, I'm just trying to be impartial. Also, I've argued about difficulty repetition in other threads (the levelling vs. endgame one). I say it's not just the economy, but the fact that getting a build to the final shape takes so much time for some. If it's going to take a while, it should be more than a replay of the same.

Here is a thread in reddit discussing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4gszt9/why_do_we_have_to_complete_labyrinth_trials_on/
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 28, 2016, 7:40:28 PM
obviously my opinion i would be fine with them if they had wayports right beside them, as they are now its another find my way through this area wasting time to be repeated 18 times.
Honestly its one of the things that make me feel ggg have left behind making the game that they wanted to play.
"
Fhark wrote:
obviously my opinion i would be fine with them if they had wayports right beside them, as they are now its another find my way through this area wasting time to be repeated 18 times.
Honestly its one of the things that make me feel ggg have left behind making the game that they wanted to play.

Why not give better hints to where to go, as in many places while levelling?
I dislike them because they feel unnecessary, like they're just extra content added for no reason other than to say "here are some more areas".

Every time I go to do the lab on a new character, I dread having to do the trials. They feel so unnecessary and tedious. They add nothing to my game experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info