What kind of stats for clearing Core (life based)? Update: Cleared Core

So basically title.

I had a core drop for me in a zana mission and it has been in my stash on PSC for a while now.
Now most of the videos I looked at of core are with CI or CoC characters who run Vaal Pact so I can't really tell the tankyness required from a life based character without it.

Character is visible on my profile (name: Kremnon), some of my stats are:
Spoiler

Level: 93
Life: 6999
Evasion: 10177 (47% estimate)
Acrobatics + Phase acrobatics
6 endurance charges
Resists ele weakness capped, chaos resist -60% (I think maligaro would have a field day with me because of this ._.)
2660 life leech per second (Endless Hunger)

I run fortify on my main link so it's up 100% of the time, also run Stibnite & Basalt flasks.
DPS on cyclone is at 67k in hideout, peaks at 173k with short time buffs.
For flasks I run 1 life + 4 utility flasks:
Spoiler

I know I could just yolo and run it but I want to stand a fighting chance against Malachai.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on May 2, 2016, 6:24:34 AM
Last bumped on May 2, 2016, 3:01:40 PM
oops double post.
Last edited by SIQI on Apr 28, 2016, 1:02:44 PM
ur dmg is too low, you probably will get stuck on maligaro with -60 chaos res, once he gets like a few throws of those bombs on the floor you will have no where to run.

well idk how long you can maintain 173k but if u maintain to maintain that long enough to pass maligaro, then the other 2 bosses would be okay; as for malachai if you manage to avoid all his traps + blood toss thingy + not get frozen by tentacles, then it'll probably alright, but with that dmg the fight will take long as heck.
Last edited by SIQI on Apr 28, 2016, 1:02:54 PM
DPS i can maintain 100% at ~100k, 173k is with full frenzies and lion roar so that cannot be maintained at bosses.

Would swapping in Atziri's Flask for maligaro be enough or do you need really high chaos res?
Looking at your setup i would like to make some suggestions:

1)
Maybe you could swap Increased Area of effect for Life gain on hit (you would have to re-chrome)
Life gain on hit is amazing with Cyclone paired with the great leech you have already. Your normal leech won't cut it against Malachai and Shavronne i feel.

2)
7k life and no armour means that Malachai will 2shot you with his tentacle barrage and 2shot you with his "meatball throw attack" - he could definitly oneshot you an this attack if he crits.

3)
Try to get up to 50%-60% stun recovery rate if you can (you already got 25%) - even with 7k life Malachai, Doedre and even Maligaro are able to stun you. To get out of the way quickly stun recovery is the way to go if you can't get immunity

4)
Even with 7k HP Malachai will be able to freeze you. 1 freeze immunity flask with 2 uses won't be enough i feel. Try to get freeze immunity on a stibnite flask to get those 4 uses out of it.

5)
Maligaro is by far the most dangerous of the three pre-bosses, but he also is the most fragile one too. You have to get at least positive chaos resists on gear. Try to use a amethyst flask during the fight too if you can.

strategies for the individual fights:

Doedre:
She is the easiest of the three bosses for most players. She is pretty slow an has predictable attacks and movement. Try to avoid the Vulnerability area at all cost and in your case, try to hug her with cyclone and stay on top of her (so she mostly will only auto attack and don't spit that often).
You should be able to facetank her with your leech and lgoh even without having armour. Flasks you should use would be: Stibnite/Basalt/Taste of Hate + 2 life flasks

Shavronne:
Watch her closly and pay attention! Don't attack her when she got her lightning thorns up or you will die almost instantly with Cyclone. Learn her attack pattern and dodge her spell barrage and storm calls manualy. Recommended Flasks are: 2x Topaz flasks with shock immunity + 3 life flasks

Maligaro:
Maligaro is a really dangerous foe. Try to get as much chaos resist as you possible can. His mines deal half chaos and half fire damage. His EK spell deals high physical damage and he also has access to a high damage fire trap and detonate dead - he also casts desecrate from time to time.
When he reaches low life and if there are corpses around he attempts to perform a Vaal Detonate Dead which will oneshot you if there are 5-6 or emore corpses.
Recommended setup: 1x Amethyst Flask, 1x Ruby flask, 1x Basalt flask/Taste of Hate and 1-2 life flasks. Equip a low level CWDT with Bone Offering on yourself to pop all the corpses he creats before he can detonate them - watch out for corpses on the ground and get out if you can't get rid of them fast enough and detonate them manualy before you go back in.

Malachai:
First Phase:
Hug him as much as possible and get out of the way when he lifts his arm to perform his smash - after the smash get back in immediatly. When he goes under the ground run around the arena and don't stop until he performs his little shockwave impact when he pops up.
Only stay on top of him while you have a Grounding flask up (Piety's lightning beam, which is aimed at Malachei to break his shield, will shock you if you cross it). For Piety - focus here down as quickly as you can while having a Topaz flask up. If you need flask charges just run around the arena and wait for adds - keep evading all damage; only go in with flasks up.
Tentacles can be really dangerous too because they can chill, freeze and even stunlock you if you are unlucky - get a chill/freeze immunity flask when you engage in his tentacles.
Try to avoid all traps he spawn - they deal massive fire damage.

Second Phase:
Roughly the same as phase 1 but traps are a lot more dangerous in this stage because space is limited. If there traps are starting to occupy half of the arena try to manualy activate them from range while placing a decoy totem on them (the trap will be triggerd by the totem and is gone).
The rest should be straight foreward - keep evading the predictive hard hitting attacks, otherwise hug him as much as possible.

Recommended flasks: Basalt/Taste of Hate, Stibnite (freez immunity), 2 life flasks and a Topaz (shock immunity) only for the first phase; for the second phase swap the Topaz flask for a Ruby if you can't avoid the traps.

Good Luck!
Woah that is a big and informative post, thanks mate, let me just throw some ideas back:

1)
With LGOH i am looking at 44*8 => 344 life per second per enemy, which doesn't seem good enough to warrant for single target? I might be wrong.

2)
I was hoping 6 endurance charges + basalt & fortify would cover me for physical reduction of damage? Basalt isn't up all the time which is tricky and probably the biggest trouble I will get into is flasks running out.

3)
Hmm that does sound scary, maybe I should roll a stun recovery flask in case that happens during the fight?

4)
Good advice, thanks

5)
Right this is a big problem for me atm, it would require me changing a lot of my gear in order to achieve and was hoping there is a way around this somehow (Idea: Swap Essence Worm & Grace for Mings Heart during the fight?)

The biggest trouble I could see is running out of all the flasks, since I rely on them in tough fights, but I see no way to counter this :\
Thanks again for your feedback.
Last edited by Mannoth on Apr 28, 2016, 4:21:15 PM
1) Just treat 344 life as better than nothing considering how dangerous the map bosses are.

2) 3) 5) It is true that flasks are the best form of defenses in the game currently. This is justified as flasks have to be actively used by players. The way to manage flasks is to actually return to town to refill flasks and go back to fight Malachai again. In fact most players define defeating core as having defeated it after a few deaths rather than deathless. Just for the achievement basically.

2) You have to dodge Malachai's attacks manually, which is extremely hard to do as melee.

To deal with Maligaro without being a CI character is more of killing him quickly before he throws chaos earth all over the place. Your dps is really too low for that. I really advise you against trying this map. Your character is about the average POE population standard and most of us simply cannot beat core.
Cleared core:

pic

Maligaro was a pushover with 30% chaos resist (Mings Heart & Atziri flask).

Used 1 life flask through all the fights.
Last edited by Mannoth on May 2, 2016, 6:22:32 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:
Cleared core:

pic

Maligaro was a pushover with 30% chaos resist (Mings Heart & Atziri flask).

Used 1 life flask through all the fights.

Did you change anything special or use your original setup, so ~100K DPS and manual dodging?

Can you dodge anything against Malachai with 40% increased AoE from monsters?
Sry if stupid question, i'm not that far yet myself ^^
Changed Essence Worm => Mings Heart.
Dropped Hatred in favor of Enfeeble+Blasphemy, kept running Grace.

Manual dodging a lot, getting hit by the tentacle barrage almost meant certain death so I made sure to be on Malachai's sides at all times, never in front of him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info