Question about Profane Bloom and AoF

Hi, I've googled and came back empty handed. i saw someone mention that Avatar of Fire only affects damage done directly by my character. For me i want to know if Avatar of Fire affects the occultist's Profane Bloom. the mob exploding causing chaos damage (from it's hp) as a result of me killing it, Will AoF cause profane bloom to do nothing because its chaos damage? or will it consider the mob exploding not coming directly from me and thus still causes chaos damage?

would appreciate if someone can enlighten me
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2016, 4:40:47 PM
I have an answer for you, I can not garantee it, but I think it has solid basis.

In my opnion, if you can convert the explosion damage to an other source of damage, via conventional conversion (items, gem, passives) for skills, then it will apply.

If you can not, which is the case I guess, it will not apply.
-
Alright, thank you. I guess i'll have to try it when i get there
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
I have an answer for you, I can not garantee it, but I think it has solid basis.

In my opnion, if you can convert the explosion damage to an other source of damage, via conventional conversion (items, gem, passives) for skills, then it will apply.

If you can not, which is the case I guess, it will not apply.

Well, chaos damage can't be converted anyways (it's at the bottom of the conversion 'chain') so you won't get far with this approach.

A better way to test it would be to use Abyssal Cry with AoF and see if you still get the explosion damage. I've used AC successfully with Ancestral Bond so I would assume that corpse explosion doesn't count as "your" damage, but I'm not totally sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info