Vaal temple map

Hi all :)

If i want to chance for a vaal temple map, do i corrupt a tier 13 or 15 map? does it have to be a specific map i use or can it be any of the tier 13/15 maps?

what are the chance for it to become a vaal temple map, is it like 1 in a billion or something?

-Zims-
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2016, 3:27:00 AM
Any tier 13 map. 15s can't make it.

My assumption (which may be completely incorrect) is that all the rolls required to get a Vaal Temple are equally probable. That is, you have a 1/4 chance that the Vaal Orb changes the level of the map, then a 1/2 chance that it increases it, then a 1/4 chance that the map it upgrades to is a Vaal Temple. If that's all true, then the chance of hitting one is 1/32.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
1/32 is not to shabby, think il give it a try. (x fingers for me)

thx for the reply :)

-Zims-
I vaaled many maps and never ever got a decrease in lvl. I'm pretty sure, that lvl increase has the lowest probability. Cuz if it is not, i would have more temples or at least more t14 maps. Or maybe i had the typical bad perception of my vaaling and seeing results wrong, with out writing them down and all is right :)

The math would be like this, if it it is equal chance. And assuming re rolling mods and getting 8 mod is the same 1st step, so 4 possible outcomes. 1/4 * 1/4 (there r 4 t14 maps) = 1/16

Assuming, that 8 mod and just re rolling the mods is a different process. 1/5 * 1/4 = 1/20. Both variants also assume, that rolling which t14 map it is also has equal chance.

Last edited by 1337fun on Apr 28, 2016, 3:27:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info