Inquisitor: Inevitable Judgement and Negative Resistances

Inevitable Judgement: Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Elemental Resistances

If I am dual cursing with Elemental Weakness and Conductivity, and then get a critical strike, will those two debuffs still be applied and stacked to give the enemy negative resistance for the critical strike?
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2016, 11:55:54 AM
Nope. It says it ignores resistances and it will.
The curses will be applied, and if the monster's lightning resistance is low enough that they bring it to negative values, then it will have negative lightning resistance.

This isn't much use to you, since then you'll ignore the monster's resistance. But it could be useful for party members, minions, or your non-critical strikes.
the plus side is you can drop those curses for enfeeble + tmep chains (ideally on blasphemy) and have the strongest mitigation in the game!
So ignore means resistances are not counted at all, instead of them being reduced to zero? But overall since they are ignored they equal zero and anything affecting the resist doesn't count bc the resistance doesn't exist?
So ignore means resistances are not counted at all, instead of them being reduced to zero? But overall since they are ignored they equal zero and anything affecting the resist doesn't count bc the resistance doesn't exist?

I am actually tri-cursing so I think I will keep Righteous Providence and just not get Inevitable Judgement. Thanks for the great help.
"
ladish wrote:
the plus side is you can drop those curses for enfeeble + tmep chains (ideally on blasphemy) and have the strongest mitigation in the game!

Do you think Enfeeble + Temp Chain + Assassins Mark (for charges) would be good with Inevitable Judgement?
If your build revolves around cutting the resists via curses/ele eq then inevitable judgment is a bad choice. Then again if you are going crit inquisitor then not using it makes little sense. The benefit of inev judge is you don't need to invest in those curses/passive points. The disadvantage is reflect :/

assassins mark is great for inquisitor, temp chains + enfeeble is great for survivability and is really important in hardcore. Keep in mind inevitable judgement also works on curse immune mobs which is also nice.
Last edited by ladish on Apr 27, 2016, 11:34:48 PM
I abandon my Inquisitor at level 82... inevitable judgement it's pure crap, I want to make a perma-freeze but that node doesn't help at all, in fact with my scion and some curses it's way much better.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Do an inquisitor's totems also ignore resistances? How about traps?
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info